Question rtx 3080ti not smooth/stuttering

Mar 31, 2023
Hi all. I recently upgraded my gpu from gtx 1080 to rtx 3080 ti. Got more fps but in general my games are not smooth (especially in turn) and there are micro stutters. I don't know what's the problem

My specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x
GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3080ti 12gb
MB: msi b450 tomahawk max
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2x8 3200mhz
PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12M 850W
SDD:
Kingston SSDNow A400 480GB 2.5" SATAIII 3D V-NAND (150 gb is free)

What I have tried :
-Removing the old driver via DDU
-updating drivers, motherboard bios
- disable GPU Scheduling, Windows Game mode
- GPU undervolting
- lower graphic settings

P.S. RAM works in XMP mode, cl 18 3600 mhz. Before that, it worked on 3200, but there are no changes.
- Display port connected.
- Enabling Gsync and Vsync doesn't change anything.
- I looked at the framerate graphs through Afterburner + rivatunner and saw CPU usage (average) 15-30%, graphics card 40-60% and a crazy framerate drop graph (no straight line at all).
- recently used antivirus and found nothing
- All Windows updates installed
- I forgot to add that the temperatures of the processor and video card do not rise above 60-65 degrees

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023
I forgot to add that according to Userbenchmark, furmark tests, the video card works as it should (in terms of indicators)

Are all of the graphics settings the same? For example, texture size. What I'm wondering, is if you're keeping all other settings the same, is the frame rate faster (thought it might be limited by monitor)? If the frame rate is normally faster, then I wonder if any slowing is really still at least as fast as the old 1080 even during the "burps". One thing is for certain though, that if the new GPU runs faster at any point, then the CPU has to feed it more data faster as well. Sometimes those burps are the CPU limiting performance. I'd carefully note CPU to see if it is loaded down more (it should be if it is feeding more data).

Mar 31, 2023
I had different settings - minimum, medium and maximum. I did not notice much difference in the image, GPU and CPU loading. Within 10-20% (does not go beyond the average results). Monitor limitations do not affect the quality and performance of my PC. Perhaps the image quality, but again I did not see the difference. I always try to play without limits and there didn't seem to be any problems
Are all of the graphics settings the same? For example, texture size. What I'm wondering, is if you're keeping all other settings the same, is the frame rate faster (thought it might be limited by monitor)? If the frame rate is normally faster, then I wonder if any slowing is really still at least as fast as the old 1080 even during the "burps". One thing is for certain though, that if the new GPU runs faster at any point, then the CPU has to feed it more data faster as well. Sometimes those burps are the CPU limiting performance. I'd carefully note CPU to see if it is loaded down more (it should be if it is feeding more data).