Question RTX 3090 help?

Jan 7, 2021
ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX w/ WiFi 802.11AC RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2

This is the motherboard I have

And this is my power supply

I want to know the best power supply for the rtx 3090 since I know 750w or 850 will do the job

This is the one I currently have

Need serious help.

600 Watts - Thermaltake SMART series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply [+1]

Here is the PSU tier list. This will give you some idea regarding quality.
The vast majority of Seasonic and Corsair models are of good quality.
I'm running two Corsair RMxs for the past couple years with no issues.

Jan 7, 2021
When I did this built was last year with the mega sale with cyber power pc, so I was able to scored a rtx 3090 early this week, and since my graphics card right now is <Mod Edit>. I need an upgrade but my power supply is <Mod Edit> as you can see.

Last edited by a moderator:

bignastyid

Titan
Is that the best of the best lol sorry....
Its a very good unit at a good price(atleast for the current economy). Not the best of the best but an 850w Titanium unit from Superflower, Seasonic or Corsair is going to cost atleast 3x more than the Leadex I posted and about all you would gain is maybe an extra year or 2 of warranty(the Leadex III already has a 10 yr warranty) and a bit better efficiency.

Reactions: Alpha91
Jan 7, 2021
Very true uhm 🤔 sorry I’m new to all of this.

yeaterday I didn’t know what rtx 3090 I should get since there is so many versions of it. So I choose that one.

SHORTCIRCUT

Reputable
Dec 24, 2019
I think for i9 + 3090, ASUS recommended 850w

One thing to check though, is that it's better if the PSU has at least 3 separate pci cables, so that you don't have to pigtail one of them. It would be especially useful if you plan on getting one of those power hungry 3090's like the strix