Question RTX 4060 compatibility with ASRock B660M Pro RS motherboard ?

calriel

Honorable
May 29, 2018
Hey guys,

Hope you can help. This combination was suggested by PCGamer last month but does not appear to work (VGA light and BOOT light are on).

I installed the old 1060 again and it works like a charm.

Is there any way to make the 4060 work? As I said, I bought this combination is based on a recommended setup.

Thanks for helping out, this is for a friend on a budget ❤️

Hey guys,

Hope you can help. This combination was suggested by PCGamer last month but does not appear to work (VGA light and BOOT light are on).

I installed the old 1060 again and it works like a charm.

Is there any way to make the 4060 work? As I said, I bought this combination based on a recommended setup.

Thanks for helping out, this is for a friend on a budget ❤️
No reason for incompatibility, PSU has enough power and connectors ? Everything connected ?
Reset CMOS, make sure it's in UEFI mode, before changing/inserting

calriel

Honorable
May 29, 2018
Hey @CountMike !

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

* PSU at 550W, which should be plenty. It's a modest build with an Intel 13400F as main workhorse and not too many bells.
* GPU got power (fans work) and was quite securely plugged in.

Follow up questions:
* Given it's a newly built PC, will resetting CMOS give us anything?
* What exactly do you mean by "make sure it's in UEFI mode"? I'm not completely new, but certainly no expert. I thought all motherboards had UEFI by now.

In other words, what would I need to do now that I can access the system through the old RTX 1060 card that's currently purring away inside, before I plug in the RTX 4060 again?

Thanks so much for your time!

mrmaruniversal

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
Hey @CountMike !

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

* PSU at 550W, which should be plenty. It's a modest build with an Intel 13400F as main workhorse and not too many bells.
* GPU got power (fans work) and was quite securely plugged in.

Follow up questions:
* Given it's a newly built PC, will resetting CMOS give us anything?
* What exactly do you mean by "make sure it's in UEFI mode"? I'm not completely new, but certainly no expert. I thought all motherboards had UEFI by now.

In other words, what would I need to do now that I can access the system through the old RTX 1060 card that's currently purring away inside, before I plug in the RTX 4060 again?

Thanks so much for your time!
U can also use DDU to clean the machine and have it ready to drop in a new video card.

Step 1. Download the client and 4060 driver from NVidia
Step 2. Boot into windows safe mode and boot the DDU installer
Step 3. Select the Clean & Shutdown
Step 4. Install the 4060
Step 5. Boot back into Windows (Normal).
Step 6. Install new drivers for 4060
Step 7. Restart machine and enjoy!

This is the following steps I take to swap out a card to make sure no previous drivers create any issues.

Hopefully this helps and I answered what you need. Resetting the CMOS will only reset the board to stock settings from the factory, I don't think its required if you haven't touch the board since purchase. Most boards will already do what you need it to do. Especially with a 13th gen Intel CPU.

U can also use DDU to clean the machine and have it ready to drop in a new video card.

Step 1. Download the client and 4060 driver from NVidia
Step 2. Boot into windows safe mode and boot the DDU installer
Step 3. Select the Clean & Shutdown
Step 4. Install the 4060
Step 5. Boot back into Windows (Normal).
Step 6. Install new drivers for 4060
Step 7. Restart machine and enjoy!

This is the following steps I take to swap out a card to make sure no previous drivers create any issues.

Hopefully this helps and I answered what you need. Resetting the CMOS will only reset the board to stock settings from the factory, I don't think its required if you haven't touch the board since purchase. Most boards will already do what you need it to do. Especially with a 13th gen Intel CPU.
DDU can't work since GPU doesn't post and can't get to Windows.

Reactions: mrmaruniversal