RTX 4060 vs RX 7600 GPU faceoff: Battle of the budget-mainstream graphics cards

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
To all those that are misinterpreting my post as South Africa/region specific, perhaps I wasn't clear.

Summary:
Please, use the pricing that is available at the time of publication. IMHO not doing so is misleading!! You're comparing completely different classes of cards. The closest comparable AMD card at the 4060's price point is the 7600 XT.

I know, see my reply. :)

How about a three-way face-off with the A750 against whatever card Nvidia and AMD have at the same +-USD250 price point?
The problem is that I don't see a way to not interpret your comment on pricing as being region specific. If you're looking at the pricing tables that get pulled from our pricing engine, that's a different matter. (Those prices are frequently wrong.) I specifically discussed two RTX 4060 cards that currently cost $279.99 and $293.00, with links, in the text. Our pricing comparisons used that as the reference point, not $299.99 or $331.68 or some other value.

3-way comparisons become less of a faceoff and more of a review. We already have those. We also have a complete GPU benchmarks hierarchy that shows all the cards, just without deep analysis on which is "better" at every level.

As for the Arc A750, it's a $199.99 GPU right now in the US. The closest we can get to that would be RTX 3050 6GB or RTX 3050 8GB from Nvidia, priced at $179.99 and $211.99, respectively. Neither of those are a good option IMO, in part because they're ~3 years old hardware. AMD has the RX 6600 at $199.99, which is also ~3 years old. Most of our faceoffs will be for current generation hardware, unless there's a particular niche we want to discuss (like RTX 4060 vs RTX 3060).

Reactions: AndrewJacksonZA

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
To all those that are misinterpreting my post as South Africa/region specific, perhaps I wasn't clear.

Summary:
Please, use the pricing that is available at the time of publication. IMHO not doing so is misleading!! You're comparing completely different classes of cards. The closest comparable AMD card at the 4060's price point is the 7600 XT.
You're wrong, sorry. The 7600XT is above the 4060 and 7600. The 4060 and 7600 are direct competitors, they're both entry level GPUs in the AMD/nvidia line-up.

The summary pretty much confirms it. The 7600 is cheaper so for a modern, entry level, "it'll do" type GPU, it's the better choice. The 4060 however, for just a small price increase offers slightly better performance plus a few features nvidia has been able to do better than AMD. Those aren't going to pull fps but for livestreaming, video conferencing, or other non-gaming needs, they can be important.

Where you have a point is in that no one in their right mind is going to choose a 7600 over a 7600XT, unelss they're on a budget. For that purpose it would be interesting to include the 7600XT, but... it's pointless. It's more expensive and does better than a 4060.
It's hard to compare it to anything because it's in between matched pairs, like the 4060 & 7600, and the 4060 Ti & 7700XT.

The script that pulls prices is regional, so there is no way to control what it will show and it should be disregarded. Only the prices nailed down in the text of the article should matter, but they will change over time so what's the point?

The only thing that doesn't change is that these two are bottom tier GPUs from AMD/nvidia and are attractive to buyers with very modest gaming needs, or ones on a tight budget.

JTWrenn

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008

Summary:
Maybe the issue here is...you never looked up the price in the USA before claiming they are using the wrong pricing. You in fact pulled pricing from a different region. I replied to you pointing out that their prices were exactly what I was seeing in Amazon at the time of reading the article, the day or day after it was posted.

I think you are just wrong that they didn't pull pricing at the time of the article.

Nyara

Prominent
May 10, 2023
What's interesting is the whole 8GB vs 16GB configurations of RX 7600/7600 XT, just like on the RTX 4060 Ti. If pricing was only $30–$40 more, I'd be very much on the 16GB camp — not because it's super necessary, but because it does ensure you won't hit VRAM bottlenecks during the lifetime of the cards. There are a few games where it can make a difference, though not necessarily at sensible settings.
If more VRAM is available, there are many games that will pull 10GB-12GB VRAM on 1080p, this produces no FPS difference vs the 8GB card (UE5 & other engines will dynamically adjust the demand to not go past capacity), but it will show in better texture quality/no texture buffering, which gets very noticeable the more you go past 8GB used.

Reactions: 35below0

TRENDING THREADS