Question RTX 4080/4090 and PSU compatibility -> cable choice?

MaxT2

Commendable
Apr 14, 2021
I just learned that if I get an RTX 4070 Ti / 4080 / 4090, I need a specific type of power connector.

This is my PSU: https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/p/psu...-certified-fully-modular-psu-eu-cp-9020140-eu
Not sure if there have been difference look-alike versions.

Is there anything specific to look at when getting a "Corsair 600W cable?" I don't think that my local shop can order it so my first options would be some European Amazon site.

No, you can just buy the 600 W cable, and directly use it. I don't think we need to look for anything specific here. Your PSU is compatible with this cable. Corsair have their own cable.

MaxT2

Commendable
Apr 14, 2021
Thank you for the replies, well, I was hoping something like "how to identify the genuine Corsair cable on Amazon.de or Amazon.fr".
Because since the latest years, importing to the EU cause all kind of extra taxes and waiting and complications.

Or maybe there are other places to order it from the EU ?

MaxT2

Commendable
Apr 14, 2021
So, I got the Corsair cable, and I got MSI RTX 4080 Suprim X.
The card comes with this cable:
16-pin-adapter2.jpg

So, I'm not sure about about the names I would tend to call this 3xType4 PCIe to 1xPCIe 5.

I suppose that means using 3 old PCIe 150W (or was it 175W?) cables to 1 PCIe 5. so 450W max.

On the other hand, the Corsair cable, I supposed, is equivalent to 2x 300W to 1 PCIe 5. So 600 W max. (But does that also depend on my existing PSU?) And it probably takes less space inside the case.

For now I'm using the Corsair 600W cable. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Reactions: thestryker

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I use the Corsair cable and NOT the splitter cable.

keep using the direct corsair 600W cable its good to go!!!

I been using it every since I got this 4070TI

We have quite a few threads on this and have not heard of any issues.

Reactions: MaxT2