Discussion RTX 4080 system doesn't deliver the desired performance

Nov 6, 2023
Hello everyone, I have opened a similar topic before, but this time I want to explain my problem with a 30-second video, please I am waiting for your help.

HP OMEN-17 2023 Version;

Processor: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX- 2.1 Ghz Max Turbo: 5.00 Ghz
Ram: 16GBx2 Samsung 4800MHz Total: 32GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Laptop GPU 175 Watts
Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440-2K - 240 Hz
Storage: 2TB Crucial 3500 write 3100 read speeds max NVMe M.2 SSD
BIOS Version : F.08.REV-A

I have a device with the system requirements written above, it has only been 8 months since I bought it, but I can't get the FPS values I want in some games and especially in The Division 2 game, all my drivers are up to date and the latest version, but I couldn't find a solution for some reason, although I installed my video card drivers over and over again by doing a clean install from scratch, but my problem has not been solved, my temperature values are usually 70-75 degrees maximum for the processor, most of the time 65 degrees, and the video card temperatures are close to the processor temperatures, I have not seen it go above these degrees yet. In the game, I feel like it's constantly running as if it's skipping frames, and from time to time the fps values drop to 10-20 fps all of a sudden for no reason, then suddenly it rises again, I did a virus scan with different different antiviruses, but what should I do, I can't think of any other solution, I hope you can help. Thanks for your support in advance.

Video links:

https://vimeo.com/892396851?share=copy
https://vimeo.com/892397101?share=copy
https://vimeo.com/892397253?share=copy

1) Do you know what FPS you are getting during the game? Are you using the FPS counter built into the game settings or something different?
2) Have you tweaked the game any to try to get as much performance as you can out of it? If not, look HERE.

Nov 6, 2023
1) Do you know what FPS you are getting during the game? Are you using the FPS counter built into the game settings or something different?
2) Have you tweaked the game any to try to get as much performance as you can out of it? If not, look HERE.
I set the performance setting on the Hp Omen Hub and in the battery settings, I get a notification that the NVIDIA GPU is already selected via the NVIDIA Container when entering the game in the best performance option automatically. I view in-game temperatures and fps values using the FPS counter and GPU-CPU usage settings on the XBOX Game Bar, not with an extra program. I will review the guide you sent, thank you. Anyway, if these solutions do not work, I will have to format. I also play the game at ultra settings optimized by NVIDIA Experience at the highest settings.

I set the performance setting on the Hp Omen Hub and in the battery settings, I get a notification that the NVIDIA GPU is already selected via the NVIDIA Container when entering the game in the best performance option automatically. I view in-game temperatures and fps values using the FPS counter and GPU-CPU usage settings on the XBOX Game Bar, not with an extra program. I will review the guide you sent, thank you. Anyway, if these solutions do not work, I will have to format. I also play the game at ultra settings optimized by NVIDIA Experience at the highest settings.
Maybe I missed it in your response but what is the current framerate that you're getting when playing?

Nov 6, 2023
Maybe I missed it in your response but what is the current framerate that you're getting when playing?
I play the game on a screen with 2K resolution and 240 Hz. In the game, it is usually 100-80-70 in the game, it is very variable, sometimes it drops to 40-50 fps from time to time in intense conflict places, sometimes it completely crashes, fps values suddenly drop gpu and cpu usage drops to 10-20 fps. But I've only experienced this in one or a few games, I've had the same problem before in games like Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs Legion, etc. I play FH5, one of the games I play the most, with over 100 FPS and I never have such a problem in Extreme settings. I'm playing BF 2042 and I can get high values in that game as well. I think it's game-oriented now. Or I think it's a bottleneck in The Division 2 game with 2K resolution. Because I have played many other high graphics games and I have never encountered a similar problem like I said.