[SOLVED] Rtx2060 super Lag in games

Oct 14, 2020
Not sure this is the right place to post this thread but here we go...

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 , rtx2060 Super 8gb ram , and a 750 watt psu and just can’t seem to play COD:Warzone at all, it lags so bad it’s not playable at all , I can’t seem to figure it out so I figured I’d post here and see if anyone had any suggestions on what I should do.. I have reinstalled windows 10 pro and the graphics drivers and it is still the same .

Solution
I have a 500gb SSD and there is only 8gb Ram installed , now when I go to change graphics settings it says “directx encountered an unrecoverable error“ and crashes the game .
That error has been around for quite a while. As for the stutters, it's likely that the 8gb ram is the problem here. 8gb isnt enough anymore. Close everything in the background when playing the game.
Oct 14, 2020
I have a 500gb SSD and there is only 8gb Ram installed , now when I go to change graphics settings it says “directx encountered an unrecoverable error“ and crashes the game .

poorbugger

Distinguished
That error has been around for quite a while. As for the stutters, it's likely that the 8gb ram is the problem here. 8gb isnt enough anymore. Close everything in the background when playing the game.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
Oct 14, 2020
Ok I’ll grab another 8-12gb of ram And see how it works then , anyone got any recommendations on RGB Ram? And anyone know with the hardware that I have what FPS I should be running on warzone to begin with?

CrabBattle73

Reputable
Oct 5, 2020

as far as that directx crash error -- I've recently begun experiencing it since the newest update. It seems to occur whenever I enable/disable v-sync in particular but usually when I mess with any of my graphics settings.

I run a 3600 and a 2070 super and have the same issues with Warzone. It's a CPU heavy game from my understanding and pretty poorly optimized. On 100% optimized settings I'm lucky to get an average of about 100FPS. BUT I also suffer from issues of my GPU never hitting 100% load even on high settings, so I'm personally working on that at the moment lol.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
as far as that directx crash error -- I've recently begun experiencing it since the newest update. It seems to occur whenever I enable/disable v-sync in particular but usually when I mess with any of my graphics settings.

I run a 3600 and a 2070 super and have the same issues with Warzone. It's a CPU heavy game from my understanding and pretty poorly optimized. On 100% optimized settings I'm lucky to get an average of about 100FPS. BUT I also suffer from issues of my GPU never hitting 100% load even on high settings, so I'm personally working on that at the moment lol.
That game is optimised pretty well, I uses to get 120fps with my old 1060 6Gb and now with my 2060 Super I get 150-180 fps on optimised settings and 120 on ultra with RT on. So yeah you clearly have an issue

CrabBattle73

Reputable
Oct 5, 2020
That game is optimised pretty well, I uses to get 120fps with my old 1060 6Gb and now with my 2060 Super I get 150-180 fps on optimised settings and 120 on ultra with RT on. So yeah you clearly have an issue

Yeah my FPS fluctuates very rapidly and very drastically between like 70-100FPS which causes a horrid stutter. Benchmarking off Unigine Heaven 1080p Ultra settings I average 100 FPS but watching my framecounter, it bounces SUPER fast between 60-140 non stop which I can only assume is problematic.

TRENDING THREADS