Rumor: Next Windows Won't Be Windows 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
Rumor: Next Windows Won't Be Windows 9, it wont be at all, because of failing to deliver in Windows 8 and OEM's alienating from it, because of surface, M$ will go bankrupt... just a rumor...

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
First simple version numbers, then years of release, then names, then version numbers again, then names again?

This is becoming more and more complicated.

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
One, Two... Microsoft is coming for you,
Three, Four, Bill is knocking at your door ,
Five, Six, Grab some XP sticks,
Seven, Eight, a little bit too late,
Nine, Ten... WTF? Come again?

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
MS in 2014...

"We heard users complaints about not being able to turn off Windows Modern UI and having no classic start menu in Windows 8 under the classic Deskop UI. So for Windows 9 we heard the users load and clear and now the users will have an option to turn off Windows Modern UI along with allowing the user to enable the classic start menu again in the classic Desktop UI in Windows 9.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]Rumor: Next Windows Won't Be Windows 9, it wont be at all, because of failing to deliver in Windows 8 and OEM's alienating from it, because of surface, M$ will go bankrupt... just a rumor...[/citation]
Is MS supposed to sit there when the oem's release Android tablets?

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]wavetrex[/nom]The title sais "Rumor". Why did you open the article in the first place? If you're so sick, go to the doctor.[/citation]
I didn't see 'Rumour' when I initially clicked on the article.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I think the reason for this rumor, for one, developers are especially upset with 8. Second, ol Steve Ballmer received a "Special" phone call from Big Bad Bill, more along the lines of damage control, for when 8 rides the Fail Whale into the sunset. And that he better have a fix, or Gates will make Steve a recipient of a pink slip.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Already talking about the next Windows while the new one is not yet officially out... I have a "deja-vu" feeling. It looks like Windows 8 may be like Vista, a version that will make us either regret Windows 7 or want to upgrade to the next one ;-)

Windows Blue Balls?
Windows Post Depression Blues?
Window Blue Screens Extraordinaire?

No one is going to call it 'Widows Blue' for a variety of reasons. Like already stated, Rumor Mills. The only reason to post such a story is for attention, but the cost is integrity.

ik242

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
how about holding on and make next version 20 (in 2020)? i would rather have current OSs supported than having new one every year. Give the OS chance to mature. While ago OS was just disk operating system (DOS) then the video and audio got integrated so programming is more streamlined. after that USB got added and that's about it.... lately all they do is fiddle with the user interface.

G

Windows 8 is awesome, having used it for a few months now. So fast in games and bootup and loading in general. Metro is simple once you get used to it and I only realized then how little I actually do need the Windows 95-7 start menu.

geraldfryjr

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
What pisses me off about Win 7 and 8 is that it really puts new life into my old Opty185 but it doesn't support my older multi channel ASIO sound card forcing me to have to revert back to XP64.

Yes I could get a new machine but I can't afford it right now and since I don't play games with it,it is plenty powerful enough for what I do with it.

Besides that the new "Metro GUI" sucks and is about the stupidest thing I have ever seen for a desktop interface.
Especially when you don't have a touch screen for what it was designed for!!
Although I do like some of the new features that Win7 does have to offer.

I have read there is little difference in performance between XP64 and Win7,but the snappiness of Win 7 is quite noticeable.

Why is it so hard for them to make it backwards compatible as well.

I have read somewhere that if you use an upgrade version that this may not be a problem,I don't know I haven't tried it as I don't have an upgrade version copy.

jer :/

Status
Not open for further replies.