RunCore Launches Low Cost SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
if i only had the budget, i'll get that 32GB ssd even if it will be slower than a similarly priced 1TB drive.
i'm getting frustrated with the constant scratching noise of my HD especially in vista wherein everything is cached to memory until saturation.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]zodiacfml[/nom]if i only had the budget, i'll get that 32GB ssd even if it will be slower than a similarly priced 1TB drive. i'm getting frustrated with the constant scratching noise of my HD especially in vista wherein everything is cached to memory until saturation.[/citation]

I kill the readyboost, windows search (indexer), and superfetch services and that problem goes away. I know at least two of these features are borrowed from other OSes, and may help...but I run on pretty fast hardware so I don't really notice any slow downs. Also, Vista's search can't even find my stuff with the indexing on, so I'm not sure I trust Microsoft's first, or maybe second attempt to implement such features. Kill the UAC, and clean up some startup programs, and it works great for me.

Anything to shut up the hard drive and get that perpetual blinking hdd light to turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.