[SOLVED] Running 8 pin EPS on an MSI B450 Carbon AC (SYSTEM NOT POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_2711

Commendable
Aug 18, 2019
Hi so I bought this motherboard a few weeks ago and I tried to test boot to ensure that my hardware works but then, no post.. I bought this motherboard and CPU ( Ryzen 7 2700x) at the same time and tried to test boot it last night. My motherboard has an 8 + 4 pin EPS connection to power the CPU. I was wondering if it would be possible to just have 8 pin EPS connect and if it will be possible to get my system to post and if it is safe? My full system Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
MSI Gaming X RX580 8GB
G.Skill Trident Z RGB - 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 ( F4-3000C15D-16GTZR)

I suspect that my PSU or RAM be the culprit as all the lights and fans turn on but no post signal. I tested the PSU with the paperclip test and checked the voltages. Seemed fine. Maybe the RAM is dead or incompatible? If that is the case, shouldn't my whole system go through boot cycles? As from my experiences, when my RAM was dead, the system goes through a boot cycle. I just hope it's not my GPU as it was bought also brand new. PLEASE HELPPP!!

Side note, I did wait for a minute as it is new hardware but didn't post. am I just being paranoid?

Solution
Lol found out that my RAM was the problem. Easy fix though was a BIOS update through the Flash BIOS Button that came with my motherboard. Now, it's posting and working! HAHA

Chris_2711

Commendable
Aug 18, 2019
Lol found out that my RAM was the problem. Easy fix though was a BIOS update through the Flash BIOS Button that came with my motherboard. Now, it's posting and working! HAHA

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.