[SOLVED] Running Cyberpunk 2077 on older hardware need upgrade suggestions

Kdolghier

Honorable
Oct 18, 2016
Hello everyone.
Here are my current specs Ryzen 5 1600, Radeon RX 580 4GB, 16 GB Ram, and 10.8 TB of storage in Raid 5 (Subtle flex...JK). I also have a 5120 by 1440P monitor.

Anyways I installed cyberpunk and it is playable but some aspects like driving are almost unplayable. Is my old CPU still up to par is I decide to upgrade my graphics card. I think a RTX 3080 would definitely help me out here. But I really am not sure if my CPU is still up to par. I would like to play on high settings

Solution
Would you say a 3080 or a 3070? My resolution is around 8/10th of 4K in terms of the number of pixels I am running?
Assuming I can even find a graphics card :)
If you wish to run that resolution then a RTX 3080 or 3080ti to just get decent FPS with some eye candy the processor don't matter that much.

The question is, is it worth it to you to spend all that money to play a game that takes about 100 hours to complete doing everything.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Would you say a 3080 or a 3070? My resolution is around 8/10th of 4K in terms of the number of pixels I am running?
Assuming I can even find a graphics card :)
If you wish to run that resolution then a RTX 3080 or 3080ti to just get decent FPS with some eye candy the processor don't matter that much.

The question is, is it worth it to you to spend all that money to play a game that takes about 100 hours to complete doing everything.

Solution
Hello everyone.
Here are my current specs Ryzen 5 1600, Radeon RX 580 4GB, 16 GB Ram, and 10.8 TB of storage in Raid 5 (Subtle flex...JK). I also have a 5120 by 1440P monitor.

Anyways I installed cyberpunk and it is playable but some aspects like driving are almost unplayable. Is my old CPU still up to par is I decide to upgrade my graphics card. I think a RTX 3080 would definitely help me out here. But I really am not sure if my CPU is still up to par. I would like to play on high settings
What's your budget and what country are you located.