RX 480 problem,please help me

Tomatoes

Honorable
Feb 1, 2016
Greetings guys, I dont know why but the temps are high and im afraid of that. My system consists of:
Intel pentium g3258 4.0ghz
Rx 480 asus 4gb
8gb ram
550w 80+gold corsair
h81-gl asrock
Cougar spike case

https://prnt.sc/g4o2ux

I know... My cpu is bottlenecking my GPU but that is not my problem because I can run all my games on ultra 60+ fps, main concern is about my GPU.I took 3 photos of ASUS gpu tweak settings and I want to ask 5 questions

1)Why is gpu clock speed "-60" ? I cant turn it up, i tried manual but still...
2)Why I cant turn up memory clock and it is always "-80"
3)Why my gpu speed is ALWAYS even when im gaming 20% and some days ago it used to be 102% whats happening? Im afraid because I dont want to burn her. The temps range between 30-80 but when im heavy gaming(Playing WoW for example) My temps are 70+! and my case is so hot ,rarely my pc closes but I think the reason is because my case is like a volcano...
4)Even when i have my fans at 70% the temps are high? Im afraid to turn them up to 100% I want this gpu to last for 2 years at least :/ ...
5) what is the gpu temp target? How can I use it? I heard some people use it and its auto,the RPM are depending at GPU temperature,is that true?

(Sorry for the newbie questions and my punctuation im not a native speaker,thanks for reading!)
(Also here in greece the temps are usally 30-40c, dont know if affects my pc just telling you,im not expert)

Solution

It's not going to die at all, your GPU is designed to work up to I believe 85ºC (don't quote me on this), while on the long run it would be good to keep it under 70ºC it won't really be a problem.
To be honest after a bit of research I still cannot find an answer. One thing I saw mentioned was the Windows power settings. Make sure that is set to High Power/Performance. Failing that and I am sure you have done this, is to uninstall the drivers, use DDU and then re-install the drivers..hope you find a solution as I know how much of a pain something like this can be.

"Also here in greece the temps are usally 30-40c"

That's your problem, such high ambient temperatures provide hot air to your case, so it will inevitably hit high temperatures as well, only real solution is to get an A/C in your room to drop those temps.

Tomatoes

Honorable
Feb 1, 2016

isnt this only for laptop?

Tomatoes

Honorable
Feb 1, 2016

I cannot do that at the moment :/ so that means my gpu will die of such temps? :/

It's not going to die at all, your GPU is designed to work up to I believe 85ºC (don't quote me on this), while on the long run it would be good to keep it under 70ºC it won't really be a problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS