Question RX 550 with Dell 9020 SFF

Oct 9, 2024
Hello

I have a Dell 9020 sff with core i5 4590. I recently bought a Dell RX 550 4GB GPU and when I inserted it shows no signal. Power supply is sufficient and everything is ok but it doesn't give display. After so many things, I changed the processor with core i3 4160 and it gave display. What could be problem? Why it is not working with the core i5? I even updated the bios to the latest A25 but no luck. I changed the bios from legacy to UEFI but still not display. The same processor Core i5 4590 is working great with W4100 but as soon as I put the RX, it won't give display. Please Help...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Power supply is sufficient
How did you come to that conclusion? The PSU in that platform should be a decade old since the prebuilt OptiPlex was released in 2013, according to this info, unless you've changed he PSU to a brand new unit.

I even updated the bios to the latest A25 but no luck. I changed the bios from legacy to UEFI but still not display
Did you try and clear the CMOS after you'd verified the BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

Did you verify that the RX550 you have worked prior to going into your prebuilt?
After so many things, I changed the processor with core i3 4160 and it gave display.
I'm assuming this is what you meant by saying that, ^ with the i3 + RX550...? If so, the TDP for the processors aren't the same.