[SOLVED] Rx 560 4gb no display on 400W PSU

Aashirg

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
I bought this new AMD Rx 560 4gb card and after starting the PC, some times there is no display and I can hear the fans running. If I restart my PC few times, it gives display and I can go in to windows. But If I restart my PC , there is no display again and I have to turn OFF and then turn ON my PC again to get the display. I have a 400W psu which has 27A on 12V rails, CPU Core i3 3220, DH61ww motherboard, 6GB DDR3 ram and 500 GB HDD.
What thing is causing this problem?? Please help.

Solution
I have a 400W psu which has 27A on 12V rails,

We would need the exact brand and model of the PSU - if possible, a photo of the label on the PSU would be helpful.

But, 27A on 12V rails comes to 324W. That's not much - on the other hand, your system isn't very demanding. Still, knowing the brand and model will let us know if the PSU is a good one, or if it could never be relied on to deliver half of what it claims.

Still, in addition to the info from the PSU - definitely try another monitor cable if possible, and confirm for us if the RX 560 has a 6-pin connector on it, and if so, also let us know if the PSU has a 6-pin PCIe cable on it, or, if not, how you're connecting to the 6-pin connector (ie, with Molex adapters or...

Aashirg

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
Which psu is it? 400 watts shouldn't be really a problem for this card unless it's a very poor quality product. And yes, a bad psu can cause such problems.
Which RX560 model is it? Does it have extra pcie power input?
I have FSP saga plus 400w psu. This card doesn't need extra power input like 6 pin or 8 pin

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have a 400W psu which has 27A on 12V rails,

We would need the exact brand and model of the PSU - if possible, a photo of the label on the PSU would be helpful.

But, 27A on 12V rails comes to 324W. That's not much - on the other hand, your system isn't very demanding. Still, knowing the brand and model will let us know if the PSU is a good one, or if it could never be relied on to deliver half of what it claims.

Still, in addition to the info from the PSU - definitely try another monitor cable if possible, and confirm for us if the RX 560 has a 6-pin connector on it, and if so, also let us know if the PSU has a 6-pin PCIe cable on it, or, if not, how you're connecting to the 6-pin connector (ie, with Molex adapters or something).

Last edited:
Solution

Aashirg

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016

Still, in addition to the info from the PSU - definitely try another monitor cable if possible, and confirm for us if the RX 560 has a 6-pin connector on it, and if so, also let us know if the PSU has a 6-pin PCIe cable on it, or, if not, how you're connecting to the 6-pin connector (ie, with Molex adapters or something).

I have FSP saga plus 400w psu. This card doesn't need extra power input like 6 pin or 8 pin.

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I know the FSP Hydro G and Hydro X are good, but not sure about the saga, since FSP does have some bad PSUs out there as well... and given how little it makes on the 12V rails, I'm suspicious of the PSU.

I don't suppose there's anyone you can borrow a PSU from to try out?

Aashirg

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
I know the FSP Hydro G and Hydro X are good, but not sure about the saga, since FSP does have some bad PSUs out there as well... and given how little it makes on the 12V rails, I'm suspicious of the PSU.

I don't suppose there's anyone you can borrow a PSU from to try out?
Well, someone told me to update the motherboard BIOS to latest version and after the update, till now PC is running fine, no display problem as I was facing before. May be it was the issue with BIOS of motherboard. ????