Question Rx 570 fans full blast when turning off computer

Reabable

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
My Rx 570 fans go crazy loud for like a minute or 2 while my computer turns off. It has been happening for a while now probably a year and I could never find out why. Every time I check temps right before turning off the computer the temps are fine (around 50c-55c) but for some reason, the fans go full blast when the computers turning off. right when the fans stop that's when the computer is done turning off. If anyone could help that would be great.

Jun 26, 2020
That's crazy because I've been having the same problem and trying to get help for it, I've been questioning if my power supply isnt strong enough with the fans running and the GPU clock speed running high. Does the computer shut off but the motherboard light stays on? I have to turn off the power switch also till the motherboard light goes off to be able to turn it back on. What kinda power supply do you have/How much power does it give out?

Reabable

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
That's crazy because I've been having the same problem and trying to get help for it, I've been questioning if my power supply isnt strong enough with the fans running and the GPU clock speed running high. Does the computer shut off but the motherboard light stays on? I have to turn off the power switch also till the motherboard light goes off to be able to turn it back on. What kinda power supply do you have/How much power does it give out?
I don't think I have a motherboard light but this is where you can see the power supply https://www.apevia.com/products-power-supply/atx-jp600w

its minimum is stuck as 320 rpm

It's possible this is by design to prevent heat soak issues from damaging the card. When I first turn on my system the PSU, CPU, and GPU run at max speed for a few seconds. This is to help flush out latent heat and do system checks. My sabertooth mb also runs the fans at full tilt for a few minutes after shutdown to flush latent heat. This extends component life.

When the pcie bus goes into a low state the GPU might think it's booting up or down and act accordingly. Although this is generally bad firmware coding IMHO.

Reabable

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
It's possible this is by design to prevent heat soak issues from damaging the card. When I first turn on my system the PSU, CPU, and GPU run at max speed for a few seconds. This is to help flush out latent heat and do system checks. My sabertooth mb also runs the fans at full tilt for a few minutes after shutdown to flush latent heat. This extends component life.

When the pcie bus goes into a low state the GPU might think it's booting up or down and act accordingly. Although this is generally bad firmware coding IMHO.
So is there no way of fixing this? Any suggestions?

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
it's not about heat soak.

when you computer is on, the driver controls fan speed.
when swindows is turning off, at some point the driver loses control, and so the fan runs at full speed (wich is the default speed)

another exemple :
when you boot a computer, the CPU's fan run at 100% just before POST (the beeping sound), after POST, the BIOS takes cares of CPU's fan speed and reduce it. (if you set fan speed in bios to a quiet setting)

the real question is : why my computer needs 2 minutes to poweroff ?
that's very long even on a HDD.
unless you run a database sytem or something.

Reabable

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
it's not about heat soak.

when you computer is on, the driver controls fan speed.
when swindows is turning off, at some point the driver loses control, and so the fan runs at full speed (wich is the default speed)

another exemple :
when you boot a computer, the CPU's fan run at 100% just before POST (the beeping sound), after POST, the BIOS takes cares of CPU's fan speed and reduce it. (if you set fan speed in bios to a quiet setting)

the real question is : why my computer needs 2 minutes to poweroff ?
that's very long even on a HDD.
unless you run a database sytem or something.
Ya it takes a good amount of time and I close all my apps before powering off, my fans don't rev up when I power on tho, but sometimes when I power it on and don't do anything for a few minutes the fans randomly rev up and It's really annoying.