Hi
So I just bought a RX 570 Power Color 4 GB from local marketplace
I hooked it up to my system, with spec

i3 3220
Foxconn H61MX
2x8 GB RAM
Corsair VS450 (brand new)

The RX 570 only have DVI connector, so I use DVI to HDMI cable to my monitor

Every time I power up the PC, there is no signal and the fan only spin for 2 seconds and later off for another 2 secs, and it repeats again until I turned it off

There is a strange switch on the top of the RX570, whenever I switch it to number 3 (the switch only have number 1 and 3 on the side as the marker), the RX570's fans will turn on and spin slow but still no signal output from both the mode

Tried the onboard GPU without inserting the RX570 and it works well through the DVI cable, so it means no problem from the cable

Also, I tried to remove the RX570 from the PCIE slot and only tried to power it from the PSU (only the 8pin connected but I did not connect it to the PCIE slot). turn on the PC with monitor using the onboard GPU and no signal output from onboard GPU

So, is my PSU got any problem to power the RX570? Since whenever the RX570 still connected to my PSU without putting it in the PCIE slot, the onboard gpu will not work and the pc wont boot up at all

Or is the card defected?

I think my RX570 is an ex-mining card, any idea whether the card or m psu defected?
Tried my old GTX1050 without power connector variant, and it works well with the VS450

Thanks

Last edited:

ijoin

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
The VS450 is not one I'd rely on long-term a video card. It's a BASIC power supply.

A CX450 (2017) would be better, and a TX or RM would be better still, though those I think start at 550 watts.
It's a temp psu though

I need to know whether it's a defected card or the PSU is broken

ijoin

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
What's the exact Power Color model? Because every one listed on their site has an HDMI port.

I can confirm that this is a (ex) mining card

9569606_1a3663ae-dd38-4945-a3df-a17ff176cd7e_800_800

It's the same with my RX570
only DVI port

I think I got scammed

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I can confirm that this is a (ex) mining card

9569606_1a3663ae-dd38-4945-a3df-a17ff176cd7e_800_800

It's the same with my RX570
only DVI port

I think I got scammed

Thanks! Was having trouble finding the exact one since they no longer list it.

Now, the larger problem. Used for mining, the odds are high that there's a custom BIOS installed for mining preventing the card from being used normally. Buying a card used for mining is usually strongly urged against.

I'm personally not comfortable flashing a GPU BIOS as I'm not hack inclined and given the chances of bricking this GPU permanently, I won't participate in this part!

Last edited:

ijoin

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
Thanks! Was having trouble finding the exact one since they no longer list it.

Now, the larger problem. Used for mining, the odds are high that there's a custom BIOS installed for mining preventing the card from being used normally. Buying a card used for mining is usually strongly urged against.

I'm personally not comfortable flashing a GPU BIOS as I'm not hack inclined and given the chances of bricking this GPU permanently, I won't participate in this part!
It's strange though, even when using mining BIOS, the card should still output display signal

Mine is not working at all

The seller send me another RX570 (seems like he dont want me to refund the order) and still, it's showcase the same symptoms like previous one

The strange thing is, he got so many good reviews and I can assure you, they are real reviews from real purchase

Looks like I will open dispute then

ijoin

Distinguished
May 3, 2014

update :
Just contacted the seller and he agreed for money refund. Also I dont need to return both of the cards

Seriously strange, since he didnt ask for proof or anything else and just agreed for the refund :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS