Question RX 570 Power Supply Question

Apr 11, 2019
I'm about to buy a RX 570 (4gb version), the RX 570 has a 8-pin connector, but my Power Supply has just 2 6-pin cables (my power supply is 500W). The question is...
It's safe using a x2 Molex to 8-pin (or a 6-pin to 8pin) adaptator? I can't spend on a new power supply (Here in Argentina it's hard the situation)
My specs:
FX 6300 (Stock)
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
RAM 2x4gb 1333mhz (DDR3)
GT 1030 2gb GDDR5
Topower 500W Top-500PM

Last edited:
Which POWER SUPPLY unit do you actually have ? List the model number. I won't recommend using any MOLEX adapters to power up that GPU though.

edit: BTW, I've never heard of your power supply brand before, the Topower 500W Top-500PM unit, so I can't comment how safe/relieable is this PSU..

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Which POWER SUPPLY unit do you actually have ? List the model number. I won't recommend using any MOLEX adapters to power up that GPU though.

edit: BTW, I've never heard of your power supply brand before, the Topower 500W Top-500PM unit, so I can't comment how safe/relieable is this PSU..

Topower sold some OK ones on the top end a long time ago and on the low-end, quite a bit of garbage. If I'm thinking of the right PSU, this is one of the latter that is only actually a 340W PSU.

Adapters are almost never a good idea. Those edge cases don't involve a low-quality power supply. Hard pass for me; if the OP can't afford to replace the PSU, they certainly can't afford to replace multiple parts.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.