Question RX 5700 - Very High Temperatures / What should I do?

Dec 31, 2022
Hiya, I am having some concerns about the temperatures I am getting on my RX 5700.
On idle, my GPU's temp hovers around 50C-60C
Under load, the temps spike to 95C-100C, hot spot temps go up to 100C-110C
On most games that I play, I'll run on 1440p 165hz (My monitor's specs), on Overwatch 2, when the game is booted up my temps go up to 75C.
I believe the performance varies from map to map, however the variation is annoying as in some matches I will get 110-130 fps and in others it is 165-200+ fps.
I've had this card given to me from my dad's old build, card is around 3 years old, my previous GPU was an RX 5600 XT which had great performance temps wise however we have sold it because I thought this card will be better upon receiving it.
My build is:
RX 5700
Ryzen 5 5600X
4.4Ghz Memory DDR4
Phanteks P200A Case
Here is a picture of my rig below if needed:
xdSwmH1.png

Dec 31, 2022
And how often do you clean all the dust out of the case and fans and heatsinks?
From the picture (and its not the best pic, very dark) I can see plenty of dust on the hdd tray and the back end of the gpu. Even the side panel is dusty.
Sorry that was an older picture, but I clean it every 3 months. Whenever I properly cleaned it , there was no difference in temps.
Here's a new picture, last cleaned 2 months ago
a couple months ago my dad inserted those 2 fans below the GPU to see if the temps changed but when we tested it out it made no difference as well.
Also, it's just the GPU that seems to be having temperature issues, all of my other components are chill
t1NfFDE.jpeg

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Might need to run msi Afterburner and see what the settings are for that gpu. It's probably possible to undervolt it or lower power limits slightly and not get any performance loss. The Radeon's do run warmer than the AIB cards, simply due to the AIB's use of better cooling. Might also need to take the shroud off that gpu and give the heatsink a good clean, doesn't take much to clog those things, even if it's just a couple of channels, you'll get high temps.