Question RX 5700 XT constant micro stuttering and frame drops

May 4, 2020
Hi everyone, 4 days ago i build a pc with a friend, but since the first moment I´ve been experiencing problems. I think I´ve tried everything but nothings seems to work, I´ve read lots of post, whatched lots of videos but I can´t find any solution.
This is my fisrt PC, so I am not great at troubleshooting, also I am already getting confused with all of this because I tried so many different things...
My specs:
  • Ryzen 3800X
  • Stock Cooler
  • RX 5700 XT Red Devil
  • HyperX Fury 16GB 3600mhz RAM
  • MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
  • M.2 970 Evo Plus 500GB (Windows is installed here)
  • SSD Kingston 500GB
  • HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU Thermaltake ToughPower Grand RGB 850W
  • Samsung 27" 1440p 144hz
(I´ve heard changing the M.2 from 4.0 to 3.0 could help, but I´m not sure how to do it)

1. I already triend reinstalling Windows and it didn´t help
  2. I updated the BIOS, and all the drivers. (I´ve tried with the RX 5700 XT 20.2.2 drivers and after that the 20.4.2 and I still have the same problems)
  3. Also my monitor has FreeSync and it´s activated
  4. I´ve tried changing the screen configuration from 144hz to 120hz to 60hz
  5. I´ve tried changing the configuration on the games and on the AMD Radeon Software
And here some examples:
  1. When playing Battlefield V the game stutter every 5 seconds, and the frames drop every 15 seconds or so from 100 to 60. Also the frametime is not consistent, most of the time ranges between 10ms and 16ms but frequently goes up to 46ms also
  2. Whe playing The Outer Worlds the game stutters constantly and sometimes the frames drop
  3. When playing Metro Exodus the frames drop form 90 to 30 and i get micro stuttering too
  4. Forza Horizon 4 seems like the only game where i don´t have so many issues. The frames don´t drop but micro stuttering happen every 5 minutes or so
(I have all the games storaged in the M.2 or the other SSD so the HDD is not the problem)
So I really cant get my hand on what is the problem here, I am starting to think that maybe is a hardware problem and I should return the GPU, but maybe the CPU is the problem... I don´t really know anymore.
Please, if someone could give a solution it woul be great appreciated.

D

Deleted member 1560910

Do you have a back up gpu you can test ?

Do you have any programs running in the background for example i had issues with Aura sync software.

Did you trying running fire strike ? Valley bench ?

Are you running at the correct Xmp prfile for your ram ?

What are temps ?

May 4, 2020
Do you have a back up gpu you can test ?

Do you have any programs running in the background for example i had issues with Aura sync software.

Did you trying running fire strike ? Valley bench ?

Are you running at the correct Xmp prfile for your ram ?

What are temps ?

No, i don't have any other GPU.
No, i don't have any other programs running on the background.
In Time Spy i got 9151 pts on 3DMark (9035 GPU pts and 9873 CPU pts)
In Cinebech R20 I got 4953 pts (multicore) and 516 pts (singlecore), 83°C max temp.
Yes, I am running the correct XMP profile.