May 18, 2020
Hello there...

I bought the RX 5700 TUF Gaming and it has 1x6 pin supply and 1x8 pin supply...I must fill both of them or only 1 pin?

Solution
So can i buy a sata to 6 pin adapter or i must buy a new PSU?

Never use any Molex to 6-pin or Sata to 6-pin adapters.

The graphics card i got it says at the description that i need at least 600 W PSU tho

GPU makers tend to overstate the need, because they don't know if you're running a modest system, or a high-end system overclocked like crazy, etc, so they need to hedge their bets.

So, it's not necessarily about the total wattage numbers, but about how good of a quality the PSU is. Also note, Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc., rating is an efficiency rating, but says nothing about the quality of the PSU's innards.

Click on the first link in my signature - that should be your guide to selecting a quality PSU. The PSU is...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
So can i buy a sata to 6 pin adapter or i must buy a new PSU?

Never use any Molex to 6-pin or Sata to 6-pin adapters.

The graphics card i got it says at the description that i need at least 600 W PSU tho

GPU makers tend to overstate the need, because they don't know if you're running a modest system, or a high-end system overclocked like crazy, etc, so they need to hedge their bets.

So, it's not necessarily about the total wattage numbers, but about how good of a quality the PSU is. Also note, Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc., rating is an efficiency rating, but says nothing about the quality of the PSU's innards.

Click on the first link in my signature - that should be your guide to selecting a quality PSU. The PSU is a safety device - and you do NOT want to gamble your expensive video card, and other components on a questionable PSU.

Solution