Question RX 580 fan stopped working ?

Oct 8, 2020
After a week of having my pc off because i was on vacation, i comeback and i noticed that one of my 2 gpu fans doesnt work. Tried to clean the gpu, check if all was connected properly, updated the drivers and still same. In the AMD software when i move the fan that doesn't spin it actually show that the speed increases. Any help would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if a replacement fan for the GPU causes any change on your end. Chances are that the fan gave out. The worst case scenario could be that the circuitry for the fan on the PCB of the GPU is compromised. Got a link tot eh GPU you're working with? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version of said motherboard? Windows 10? Ideally you should be on version 21H1 if Windows 10.

Oct 8, 2020
You might want to see if a replacement fan for the GPU causes any change on your end. Chances are that the fan gave out. The worst case scenario could be that the circuitry for the fan on the PCB of the GPU is compromised. Got a link tot eh GPU you're working with? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version of said motherboard? Windows 10? Ideally you should be on version 21H1 if Windows 10.
is a MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8GB, my psu is a sentey 550w 80 plus. It has one age, My motherboard is a B450m pro and my Bios version is the last one from last year almost. This is so weird, i only shutdown the pc for a week and when i was back one fan didnt spin. Another curious thing is that when i move the fan that doesn't spin the rpm goes up like the fan still works in some way

Oct 8, 2020
Well, I would recommend reseating the card
power off and unplug the machine
disconnect the card and remove it
remove the bios battery for 5 minutes
the repeat those steps in reverse
you mean that can be a motherboard issue? i mean this never happened to me before, when i was on vacation for 3 months one fan started to do a lot of noise. I cleaned and lubricated it and stopped happening, And now just for a week one fan stopped spinning