[SOLVED] RX 580 No Recommended Update since Sept?

Solution
Old addage, 'if it ain't broke, it don't need fixin'.

The prior updates were to fix things amd/sapphire thought needed fixing. But they do draw the line somewhere, so bugs that only affect a few ppl are usually ignored whereas bugs that affect a lot of ppl get their full attention.

If you figure an update might fix 1-3 major flaws or 10-30 minor ones, it would seem the need for major flaw updates are about over, and it's taking a lot longer to incorporate 10-30 minor fixes into a single update.

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
The latest one is 9 days ago.

Revision Number
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Optional (WHQL)
Release Date
11/18/2020

You can see it in the screenshot you did. You install that one.

This is a reply to both of you its a optional one but not recommended when I try to install that one my computer restarts it has done it twice so not going risk it again.

Optional means its not a stable version of it I believe as well which could be why I keep having issues with it

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Old addage, 'if it ain't broke, it don't need fixin'.

The prior updates were to fix things amd/sapphire thought needed fixing. But they do draw the line somewhere, so bugs that only affect a few ppl are usually ignored whereas bugs that affect a lot of ppl get their full attention.

If you figure an update might fix 1-3 major flaws or 10-30 minor ones, it would seem the need for major flaw updates are about over, and it's taking a lot longer to incorporate 10-30 minor fixes into a single update.

Reactions: EsmaFingerpin
Solution