Question RX 580 red devil golden sample HDMI port not working.

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
I let a friend use my spare RX 580 and when he got it he said the hdmi port wasn't working, it recognized that it was connected, but would never connect. all the other ports worked. also when using dvi the screen was flickering real weird with his install of windows. it is fine with a fresh install on my testbench but the hdmi still doesn't work. I got the card used and think the hdmi worked then, but since I got it I have been using dvi and displayport adapters and haven't had any reason to use HDMI.

Any idea what could be wrong? Did my friend's TV short out the port or is something else buggy? If the card still works then I have no problem using an adapter to get my HDMI ports when I need them but it is a really nice card and I would like to have it fully functional if I ever have to resell it.

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
Aight, I might take a look at it when I pull off the cooler and see if theres any damage. I'll just have to keep a DP to HDMI cord handy when using it. the motherboard my friend was using has always been weird with PCIe card support so it might have just noped out, or maybe I shocked it at some point.