[SOLVED] RX 580 STUTTERING IN EVERY GAME!!

fipilika

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
Hi, today I made a new PC and after installing every driver/software, I started playing. During my gameplay I saw a lot of stuttering/blocking game for 1ms, but my fps were good, around 80-90 on High. I tried everything to solve this but nothing happened. My friends told me it was my ram, hdd or temps, but on msi afterburner all was very good. I think it's PSU's fault because when I bought it, the psu had only the 6+2 pin to connect into my gpu. Then I bought an adaptor from 2 molex to 8 pin to connect intro gpu. Can someone help me, thanks a lot!
My specs:
Ryzen 5 1600x 3.60ghz
patriot 1x8gb ram 3200mhz
mobo - msi b450m pro m2
rx 580 OC 4gb
1tb WD hdd
psu - mars gaming MPII650 650w (30$)

Solution
another thing that i found weird was a system crash while playing sottr, the screen went black and then a grey image like an old tv followed by a weird sound repeating infinite times, the only way to turn it back was shutting down the pc.
Can be gpu crash caused by high ripple of the psu.

Stutter is caused by ram and hdd.
I will change with a 800w
You don't need 800w. The only thing you need is a good 450w+ psu with two 6+2 PCI-e connectors. Better a good 450w than a bad 800w.

And yes, 85 Plus logo is fake.
Single channel ram and only 8GB. That's a problem with Ryzen.

No ssd? Buy a 1TB and clone HDD to SSD.

Bad psu. It's not 650w but 450w because that's what available at 12v. It's a bad 450w psu. And using molex to pci-e is asking for troubles. Keep the fire extinguisher ready.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Possible flags that need fixing:
-Single channel ram in 2021.

-In game cpu and gpu thermals unknown. Ryzen 1600 throttles at 95C, RX 580 at 90C - not that you want either running that high to begin with. HDD should be good until 50C.

-"...hdd was like 100%..." Yeah, that'll definitely do it. You must have EVERYTHING running on that drive; probably not fast enough for the OS, game, and any 3rd party software all at once.

fipilika

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
my biggest temps I've recorded was 50* CPU and 73* GPU, I think so that my psu is bad(it has a 85 plus bronze sticker on it and it is fake I think), I will change with a 800w one, but after my psu upgrade, my game will run smooth without drops? and what is causing stutter using my current one?

fipilika

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
another thing that i found weird was a system crash while playing sottr, the screen went black and then a grey image like an old tv followed by a weird sound repeating infinite times, the only way to turn it back was shutting down the pc.

DSzymborski

Titan
Uggh, you really need to stop turning on this PC at all until you have a proper PSU in there. You're powering your components with electric sewage. One theme we see a lot around here is that there are very few parts as expensive as a cheap PSU. This should never have been even turned on with this PSU.

Even if we knew nothing else about this PSU, the need for an adapter -- this should never be a thing -- and the company making up their own logo to fraudulently suggest to consumers that it is 80 Plus rated are bright red flags. It's definitely a fake logo; people at this company ought to be in prison for consumer fraud of a safety item.

I will change with a 800w
You don't need 800w. The only thing you need is a good 450w+ psu with two 6+2 PCI-e connectors. Better a good 450w than a bad 800w.

Solution

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
RX 580 drove me insane. I had three of them, was able to return two. One sort of works and is in the backup computer upstairs. But my main build now has GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (MSI). It worked where the others wouldn't. Sometimes in this game I've just had to give up and move on to something else.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Then I bought an adaptor from 2 molex to 8 pin to connect intro gpu.
Don't do that. If the PSU has only one aux power connector then it can only run a card that needs, well, one connector.

btw, the PSU label says 85 PLUS instead of 80 PLUS haha these cheap manufacturers are funny, quality of their stuff is poor tho, that PSU can probably output 400W max, with luck.

Probably another cheap unit, those are often labeled as "gaming" PSUs that are 800 or even 1000W but cost like $30 instead of over $150.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
Your friend has already gave you a solution to your issue, and you already know...

The stutters are clearly caused by the HDD, buy any SSD, clone or reinstall the OS on it and you will see a night and day difference.

Getting a 2nd RAM and running dual channel is nice too and will resolve stuttering with some games like Warzone but it is not a priority like the SSD.

Finally, replace that PSU of yours with a new one from a known brand ASAP.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020