[SOLVED] Rx 590 on a h81m-k motherboard? Is it compatible?

Dec 18, 2019
I've had lots of regrets buying the gtx 105 ti just because I saw the rx 590 to be cheaper but better... So is it compatible?

Solution
It's surprising that you would see an Rx 590 selling for less than a 1050 Ti. But yes, it's compatible. It does need substantially more more though, so you'd need a decent PSU.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
1050Ti's are crazy expensive (always have been really). Can't fathom how they get away with this highway robbery. Price does NOT reflect performance this far down on Nvidia's product stack.
I'm thinking in this case it may be because the 1050 Ti is end of life, being replaced by the 1650. So you get marketplace sellers on Amazon or whatnot listing out of production cards for ridiculous prices. No one is (hopefully) actually buying them at those prices...

Although the recent releases of the 1650S and the 5500 (XT) have also pushed down the price of the 590 it seems.

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Eh, even in the past, the 1050/1050Ti was a poor price/performance bargain, since the RX 570 was better, and cheaper. Not counting during the crypto-craze.

HOWEVER, if you needed to stay within the 75W limit, and have a card that didn't require a PCIe connector, then the 1050/1050Ti was the way to go.