News RX 7600 Full Specs Leaked: Up to 2,625 MHz at 165W

This GPU model is based on the Navi 33 XL die, so I'm almost certain that there might an RX 7600 XT GPU also in the pipeline, which would be using the Navi 33 XT core die.

After all, the previous gen RX 6600 used the Navi 23 XL GPU, and the RX 6600 XT came equipped with Navi 23 XT. BTW, some custom AIB models will have a peak boost clock of up to 2.85 GHz.

This card doesn't seem much like a huge upgrade over the RX 6600 though. Although the effective bandwidth is 477 GB/s that accounts for 2'nd Gen Infinity Cache, but it is not much higher that the 413 GB/s bandwidth on RX 6600. Rest of the specs are similar, including the memory bus width at 128-bit.

Reactions: sherhi
Yes, this card sips more power for sure. AMD now even recommends a min 550 Wats PSU.

OokkMDp.jpg

The double standard is strong here...

Anything under 200W is fine for a PC component, specially GPUs, unless you want to run fanless or super tiny SFF.

What will make or break this card will be the official MSRP and whether or not it'll have higher performing siblings undercutting the 4060ti (not the 4060) for similar performance and, ideally, more VRAM.

That's the only way for AMD to have a chance here. As I've said before, nVidia grabbed the mindshare with smokes and mirrors via announcing the 4060ti at a higher price point, but telling everyone a crappier version of it (the 4060) will be cheaper. I've seen mostly harsh words towards AMD as it's mostly the same as the 6650XT, but no one is batting an eye at the 4060 being about the same as the 3060 but with less VRAM. Bananas.

Regards.

Reactions: PEnns
It looks like NVIDIA will again retain the efficiency lead since the RTX 4060 8 GB which is the direct competitor to the RX 7600, will feature a TGP of 115W with actual average gaming performance as close to 100W.

Heck, even the RTX 4060 Ti which is faster than the RX 7600, as seen in benchmarks, consumes 160W with average gaming power rated at just 140W. What gives ?

It looks like NVIDIA will again retain the efficiency lead since the RTX 4060 8 GB which is the direct competitor to the RX 7600, will feature a TGP of 115W with actual average gaming performance as close to 100W.

Heck, even the RTX 4060 Ti which is faster than the RX 7600, as seen in benchmarks, consumes 160W with average gaming power rated at just 140W. What gives ?
Process node differences.

EDIT: It's also fair to say nVidia does have better tech to save power for in-transit data (compression algorithms) and such. This is on top of, generally speaking, having a more efficient* uArch most of the time.

Regards.

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
I doubt anyone cares too much about power consumption when it's 160W or 115W. The difference in electricity bill is marginal at best. If both 7600 and 4060 cost the same and one is faster people will go for the one that gives them more bang for their buck.

Reactions: bit_user

InvalidError

Titan
I doubt anyone cares too much about power consumption when it's 160W or 115W. The difference in electricity bill is marginal at best.
Depends on power rates and how many hours of use it gets per week. With some places having rates in excess of $0.40/kWh, those 45 extra watts can become significant. If you use the GPU 2h/day on average, that is about $13/year. Keep the GPU for five years, that is $65 in extra power.

Process node differences.
EDIT: It's also fair to say nVidia does have better tech to save power for in-transit data (compression algorithms) and such. This is on top of, generally speaking, having a more efficient* uArch most of the time.

Regards.

Yeah, the Navi 33 silicon is actually built on the older 6 nm (DUV) process, the same as what "Navi 24" is based on. Only the transistor count is 13.3 billion, about 2 billion more than the 7 nm "Navi 23". But the die size is smaller.

I have also heard that the RX 7600 doesn't fully max out the silicon it is based on, 33XL, so maybe AMD has another faster card in the pipeline.

Btw, Nvidia has always been ahead when it comes to efficiency ratio of their architecture. Even the latest RDNA 3 Flagship card sips more power than the RTX 4090. They indeed have better tech.

If AMD really wants to release a card above the 7900 XTX or a variant of it that can easily tackle the 4090, it would have been a power hog. AMD would be losing out big on efficiency and would also have required much beefier cooling.

NVIDIA is using a triple-slot behemoth for its 4090, and the same would have been the case to cool over 500 Watts of power coming from a GPU of this tier.

https://www.pcgamer.com/fully-unlocked-rx-7900-xtx-very-nearly-matches-rtx-4090-performance/

Reactions: -Fran-

camtasia_kid

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Might work well for a 7950x encoding build, IF it also has the AV1 encoders of the 7900 XTX? I am looking to use my scrap 7950x (replaced with a 13900k/RTX a4000 for stable productivity work) simply to upload live streams from my primary vMix rig. My spare PSU is only 750 watts, so trying to save capex and opex with an under 200 watt GPU. Should just buy a 4060 ti.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020

I am sorry, but now suddenly power is a major issue??

The days when people, aka Nvidia fans, were saying "power is cheap, get over it" are not far behind

Ah, but that was when Nvidia products were power hungry!! 3080, 3080 TI, 3090, 3090 TI, etc...did people forget about those?? Selectively, yes they did!! Those wattage pigs made the 800 - 1000+ W PSUs fashionable!!

Great hypocrisy, but to be expected.

Reactions: BeedooX

InvalidError

Titan
Update. Some good news at least when it comes to pricing.

“The Radeon RX 7600 will now be available starting at an SEP of $269 USD, beginning on May 25.” — AMD in an email
Just enough to avoid getting completely crucified in reviews for offering much worse performance per dollar than the cheaper RX6650.

The entry-level GPU pricing is almost back to sanity!

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
At the same time people in this thread are trashing the RX 7600 for being a "ho hum" generational improvement, I'm looking at the RTX 4060 Ti vs RTX 3060 Ti and seeing even less improvement in its specs! And the geomean scores seem in line with that.

At least be even-handed, please.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Fran-

InvalidError

Titan
At the same time people in this thread are trashing the RX 7600 for being a "ho hum" generational improvement, I'm looking at the RTX 4060 Ti vs RTX 3060 Ti and seeing even less improvement in its specs! And the geomean scores seem in line with that.

At least be even-handed, please.
The RX7600 hasn't officially launched yet.

I'll be preemptively even-handed: 8GB 128bits GPUs over $250 in 2023 are BS.