Question RX 7800 XT and Riva

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I was curious to know if any other owners of the 7800 XT are having an issue where Riva Tuner shows X2 the actual framerate in any game titles?

In particular, I have seen it doing so in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which I like to use as a benchmark. The in game frame counter is showing what I suspect the real framerate is and Riva is double that. I have noted it doing so in Wildlands benchmark as well.
I figure it is just Riva needing to update? Isn't really causing me any issue, just curious more than anything .

Hey @punkncat ,

Whilst I don't have that specific hardware, I do recall reading a post somewhere about this issue.

Have you tried the beta RTSS? Might help.

For the current version, you could try the change the detection level and see if that helps.

I did find this though (limited info): https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-showing-twice-fps.422515/ where it suggests placing an x/2 command in the monitoring tab, which will get the FPS showing the correct amount. It's a workaround rather than a fix. Only thing is, I can't seem to find where to enter the command. Could be an ini file I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: punkncat