Question RX570 problem or cable problems not showing display?

ermdog2411

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
I bought a cheap gaming PC about 3 years ago with an RX570 already installed.

*Note- I have an old TV/PC monitor which requires a DVI-D to VGA adaptor. I only bring this up since one of the prongs on the adaptor seems more pushed down than the others. Otherwise, I've never touched or took apart the adaptor since I started using it years ago.

I thought my PC went to sleep as my monitor was black, but it would not pop up when trying to wake it. I thought maybe the vga cable was bad so I plugged another one into the adaptor and nothing. I restarted a few times and got it to display, but only for a few mins. Did a few more restarts and I got it to stay on for about a day then my PC froze and the screen went black. Have not been able to get it back on since. I noticed the gpu fans don't run on startup (they used to). Now they twitch for a sec when the PC is turned on and nothing.

I took a very old gpu card and put it in my new PC and got it to display (I did not need the DVI-D to VGA adaptor though). I'm leaning toward this being a GPU problem, but can't entirely rule out being the adaptor since it's the only other factor I can think of. Not even sure if a faulty adaptor can make your pc freeze.

I went thru the Event Planner and the errors that showed up around the time of failure was "The AMDRizenMasterDriverV17 service has failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified"

Mind you, I noticed this error in previous months and nothing happened. I'm learning toward a GPU/driver problem but not 100% sure.

If anyone has any advice or recommendations, I'd be extremely thankful.

Last edited:
I bought a cheap gaming PC about 3 years ago with an RX570 already installed.

*Note- I have an old TV/PC monitor which requires a DVI-D to VGA adaptor. I only bring this up since one of the prongs on the adaptor seems more pushed down than the others. Otherwise, I've never touched or took apart the adaptor since I started using it years ago.

I thought my PC went to sleep as my monitor was black, but it would not pop up when trying to wake it. I thought maybe the vga cable was bad so I plugged another one into the adaptor and nothing. I restarted a few times and got it to display, but only for a few mins. Did a few more restarts and I got it to stay on for about a day then my PC froze and the screen went black. Have not been able to get it back on since. I noticed the gpu fans don't run on startup (they used to). Now they twitch for a sec when the PC is turned on and nothing.

I took a very old gpu card and put it in my new PC and got it to display (I did not need the DVI-D to VGA adaptor though). I'm leaning toward this being a GPU problem, but can't entirely rule out being the adaptor since it's the only other factor I can think of. Not even sure if a faulty adaptor can make your pc freeze.

I went thru the Event Planner and the errors that showed up around the time of failure was "The AMDRizenMasterDriverV17 service has failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified"

Mind you, I noticed this error in previous months and nothing happened. I'm learning toward a GPU/driver problem but not 100% sure.

If anyone has any advice or recommendations, I'd be extremely thankful.
Have you made sure your chipset driver and all other important drivers are up to date and your bios