Question GPU from Aliexpress gives no display ?

nofacemonster

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
GPU model: RX 580 2048SP

I took the risk and ordered one because they were cheap. It came in two days. Looks brand new and i simply popped it in to the computer. It worked and went to Windows, I left the drivers to download and went on for a errand. When i came back after few minutes, the screen was switched off the computer was running yet there is no display. So I manually rebooted it and there was still no display.

I did these

re seated the card
Cleaned the gold terminals

Nothing works, One of the fans spins very slowly and the other fan doesn't spin at all. That's it, Does this mean the the GPU simply died? I claimed for the refund right away with video evidence etc.

The next day i connected the card and it worked until the windows logo came and then stopped.
I have a old working 550TI GTX connected to this power supply and it works so it is highly unlikely this could be the reason right? The power supply is 500 watts. The next thing left to do is try it on my friends computer.

I almost forgot to mention that my motherboard is Asus H97PRO.

nofacemonster

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
What is the *exact* power supply in question? There are a lot of junk PSUs at 500 watts that aren't actually 500 watts (or, arguably, PSUs).
let me dig it out and check! If power supply is the case then its easy, i can simply try another one borrowed from a friend.