Question Rx580 black screen, video source not detected.

Apr 4, 2022
Hey guys,

My whole situation feels like insanity. I've read every forum on the internet, watched every video, and possibly tried every option there is, and i've officially given up.

I'm getting black screen Crashes with my Asus Rx580 dual oc 8gb. I believe the card was previously used for mining, even thought the seller said it was not.
I have tried flashing the original bios, underclocking the GPU in tuning settings by 5-10%

I've ran this card in about 3-4 different systems to try and eliminate any components that might be at fault, but gave the same issue on every pc i tried. I have tried different input sources, different cables, monitors, everything...

Sometimes everything works well for a good few hours, sometimes a few minutes, before the screen cuts out and its black (pc still runs in the background)

Please note that temps dont even exceed 55-60, I've even reapplied thermal paste (Grizzly), the temps are good and very stable.

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: Asus RX580 8GB

CPU: Intel core I9 9900K

Motherboard: Asus z390-F

BIOS Version: -

RAM: 32gb G.skill 3600mhz

PSU: Corsair m850i Gold certified

Case: Phanteks evolv X

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO

GPU Drivers: Newest

Chipset Drivers: Newest

Background Applications: DISCORD, CHROME

Description of Original Problem: Black screen, no video after a few minutes of uptime on the pc

Troubleshooting: Flashing BIOS to original, trying different computers to outline the component at fault, underclocking GPU. Multiple cables, inputs. new grizzly thermal paste

Apr 4, 2022
Multiple systems and the same symptoms means the card is bad.
I figured, but im really hoping there is a fix or just something that can be done to make it work 100% again. Seems like something simple i just havent tried yet. Temps are good and everything. But yeah, like i stated, i've given up on the card, just gotta put the games aside for now and save up for a budget card, for now.

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I figured, but im really hoping there is a fix or just something that can be done to make it work 100% again. Seems like something simple i just havent tried yet. Temps are good and everything. But yeah, like i stated, i've given up on the card, just gotta put the games aside for now and save up for a budget card, for now.
do you have another gpu / pc lying around?

Apr 4, 2022
do you have another gpu / pc lying around?
Yes, i have another high end system (ryzen build). I also have a gtx950 and Gt710, which give me no problems at all.
On both systems the RX580 pops out black screen after 'x' amount of uptime.

What seems really weird is that when i had the RX580 in my Ryzen system for 3 days, nothing happened, everything worked correctly. But i really want the 580 in my intel system.
I did intensive benchmarks, heaven etc. and had very good FPS, with very low temps, my case has great airflow and grizzly thermal paste is one of the highest-end thermal compounds.
The uptimes differ before it hits the black screen, everything still runs in the background (discord, music etc.)
Super frustrating