Question RX590 Brand New High End Setup Microstuttering / Tearing / Low FPS / Crashing

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stelewatkins

Reputable
Dec 30, 2018
Just built a brand new PC yesterday.

I basically can't play much at all without crashing a few minutes into most games.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 crashes within 3-4 minutes, upon adjusting "Power Limit" to -50% in Global Wattman, the game did NOT crash, I was able to play a full round, however frames were less than optimal on my current high settings. Not a solution.

I'm surprised there isn't more documentation on this problem.

Windows 10 64 Bit Home
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB
Corsair Force MP300 128GB / Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Corsair 550W
ASUS B450-F Strix

Edit: Also the PSU is not the problem, I've seen that suggested in multiple threads however it hasn't solved anyone's problem. My PSU is more than optimal as stated by the manufacturer to withstand the usage requirements of this card.

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Gotcha, I used to fiddle with the updates thinking they were causing my crashes. This has been going on for 2 months however, so I think it's unrelated.
Ah, ok. I had the impression that things were finally working, but then took a recent turn for the worse.

Have you tried the AMD forums? You might be able to get better guidance from the horses mouth. https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums

stelewatkins

Reputable
Dec 30, 2018
Ah, ok. I had the impression that things were finally working, but then took a recent turn for the worse.

Have you tried the AMD forums? You might be able to get better guidance from the horses mouth. https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums

Thanks for the suggestion! However, I'd like to let the thread know that I've just been informed that I'm getting shipped off to the Navy next week. I won't be able to work on this issue for quite some time, but I appreciate everyone's help very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.