Ryzen 1300X or 1500X?

bernardo138

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
I am going to build my first PC and, if interested, here are all the parts: http://

So I want to know if I should go with the 1300X and spend a bit less money even if the 1500X won´t break the bank, or go with the 1500X even tough the 1300X is probably enough for me. I know the specs of both, seen multiple benchmarks, read reviews, and I still have some doubts. I live in Europe, the currency in my country is Euros €, and the price difference between them is about 44€ witch is about 51$ US, it isn´t that much of a difference but it is there and it is considerable. My budget is 1000€~1100€ and all the parts make a total of 979.70€ with the 1500X. All I will do with the PC is gaming, watch videos or streams in twitch and youtube, listen to music on spotify or watch movies and shows on netflix, or simply search the internet for information with a couple of tabs or windows opened, basically internet browsing and gaming.

Note: I will be buying all the parts from a store in my country.

1300X - 129€ = 151$ US
1500X - 173€ = 202$ US

If it were me I would buy a B350 motherboard so I could OC the CPU and memory. I would buy 2800 or 3000MHz memory. And I would buy whichever Ryzen CPU I could afford. Even the non X series are good because they can be overclocked to same speed as X series if you have at least a B350 mobo.

bernardo138

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017

Thank you for the advice but this will be the first time I build a PC, and of course I have made tons of research about how to build one and also feel pretty confident to build one, also made some research about overclocking and I do not feel confident about that. I would love to do it, but I just don´t feel like I´m ready. I love PC´s, it is one of the things I like most but, with all honesty, I am still learning, I just have the basic and necessary know how. And does RAM speed really matter that much? Isn´t 2400 enough?

bernardo138

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017

I honestly didn´t even know that Ryzen does work better with higher speed RAM before you told me on this thread, and I didn´t even find this video from Tech YES City wich is a tech channel I follow for some time, as opposed to the videos I watched from channels I only recently started watching, the other videos were good but I just prefer a tech channel I have been following for some time. The thing is that DDR4 is really expensive right now, but I will try to find a good price for DDR4 with at least 2666Mhz, maybe they will make a sale by the time I have the money for the build. Thank you for the help.