[SOLVED] Ryzen 2700 strange boost clock speeds when running stress test??? please help

phalkore

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
So I bought this CPU off a dude for super cheap. He says its new but for some reason sold it instead of returning it(it's still in the return window at Wal-mart) so yeah...
Well it seems to work fine but when I run a stress test (I'm using Aida64) all the cores clock speeds drop down to 3,392.7MHz. And they just stay there without fluctuating.
Don't know how to add a picture of HWinfo64.

I believe this cpu has a boost clock of 4.1MHz. I've always had Intel and I know when you stress those chips all cores go up to boost clock speed a pretty much stay there. I know AMD has this boost on a single core thing but shouldn't the cores be going up to 4.1MHz (or at least close) when I run a stress test?

I want to know if something is wrong because I'm going to try and exchange it if possible. I've never purchased at Wal mart so I'm not sure how they handle these situations. Any information will be a great help and greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Ryzen 2700
X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi
16gb 3200 Corsair ram

Solution
Hey there,

The short answer is, no, there is nothing wrong. When stress testing you are putting the CPU under maximum load. The CPU will only boost a min of 200mhz above stock (8c/16t), which in this case, stock is 3.2, plus your 200mhz, is your min guaranteed all core boost. Under a lighter load the boost will be more, and can go up to 3.7-ish. After that, it's only 1-2 cores that will boost to the max frequency.
Hey there,

The short answer is, no, there is nothing wrong. When stress testing you are putting the CPU under maximum load. The CPU will only boost a min of 200mhz above stock (8c/16t), which in this case, stock is 3.2, plus your 200mhz, is your min guaranteed all core boost. Under a lighter load the boost will be more, and can go up to 3.7-ish. After that, it's only 1-2 cores that will boost to the max frequency.

Solution