Question [Ryzen 2700x & X570 GAMING X] + DDR4 3600MHz limited at 2133MHz

Jan 7, 2022
tKlANgv.png

2EdCAEi.png

So with spacebar i can cycle through the first ramstick speeds (on the left)
How do i cycle through the second stick's speed?

Because my problem is simply put: I have 3600MHz sticks, but something is limiting it to 2133MHz

Worst case scenario i could go single stick, but i figured there must be someone here who knows the solution.

tKlANgv.png

2EdCAEi.png

So with spacebar i can cycle through the first ramstick speeds (on the left)
How do i cycle through the second stick's speed?

Because my problem is simply put: I have 3600MHz sticks, but something is limiting it to 2133MHz

Worst case scenario i could go single stick, but i figured there must be someone here who knows the solution.
Tried to update to the latest bios? after that try to enable xmp then save and exit.

Jan 7, 2022
Did update the bios this morning, running into bluescreens, installed an older motherboard i had laying around (x470 aorus) every time i try to set it to 3600 the mobo crashes and goes back to default. So even with another motherboard i cant even seem to get the memory running at the max potential, guess i will just buy one fast stick, which also worries me since with even one stick the motherboard recognizes the ram as 2133.

Anyone with a solution or should i just get a single fast chip?

Did update the bios this morning, running into bluescreens, installed an older motherboard i had laying around (x470 aorus) every time i try to set it to 3600 the mobo crashes and goes back to default. So even with another motherboard i cant even seem to get the memory running at the max potential, guess i will just buy one fast stick, which also worries me since with even one stick the motherboard recognizes the ram as 2133.

Hey there,

No, don't buy 1 fast stick. That will not help you, as you will lose dual channel mode which gives 20% performance increase. Ideally you need to have a matched kit. either 2 x 8gb or 2 x 16gb.

Did you set your ram to run at XMP? It's not very clear from your answers. If not, you need to try that. In your picture above it says 'Memory Timing Mode'. What options are there under memory timings mode? If XMP doesn't work, then you can try set the ram speeds/voltage and timings manually. This is more complicated but not hard.

In CPU-z click on the 'SPD' tab. Then show us that. It will tell you what the timings are for it's rated speed (3600) and then you can input those timings manually.

Also, although you did a bios update, if you did not do a CMOS clear, this could be causing the blue screen issues. You must do a CMOS clear after a bios update.

What make model is your current ram? Are they a matched kit? Are they different sticks from different manufacturers? This could be the problem also.

Finally, test you ram outside of windows using memtest86+. Let it run for 4 passes, and if there are no errors, at least we know it's not the ram DIMMS that are faulty.

Ryzen 2000 series cpu tend not to like anything above 3200mhz, so it is best to clock your ram and the timings down to 3200mhz or 3433mhz. that's why you ran into stability issues. you could also try to increase the i/o voltage between 1.05 to 1.15v and see which gave the best stability.

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
3600 ram with a 2700X is not a guarantee. Unless you want to play around with potentially several settings in bios it might be easier too just enable xmp in the bios and then start lowering the frequency one step at a time from 3600 until you find what is easily made stable. Most 2700x max out between 3400 - 3600 but are only officially supported to 2933. I got my 2600x finally working with my 3600 ram, but it took a lot of trial and error with Termination and Cad Bus settings.