Question Ryzen 3 4350g No boot/no beep/Dram Light on

May 23, 2022
i have a ryzen 3 4350g, i bought it last year so no more warranty on the store i bought it from.

anyway it recently died on me, i use an asus prime x570-pro since i planned on upgrading to ryzen 5000.

the issue is the DRAM light is on (yellow LED)
i tried every dimm slot and reseated and repasted the cpu many times already, and i've noticed that the CPU doesn't heat up when i touch it (first pc ive built where the cpu didnt heat up on power on) theres no red light to indicate that the cpu power connector isn't plugged in properly so. no beep codes either. i just wanna know if the CPU is dead or if its the motherboard or the PSU or if i might have to replace all 3, i don't really have another pc to test it out so i'm hoping someone has a better solution for me :))

May 23, 2022
full system specs?

Mobo: Asus prime x570 Pro
CPU: Ryzen 3 4350g
GPU: ryzen integrated vega graphics
PSU: ApexGaming 750w 80+ Gold
Ram: Trident Z Royal 32gb 3200mhz
Storage: 1tb Gigabyte pcie gen4x4
Cooler: ID Cooling 360mm AIO

the CPU was supposed to be a stopgap cpu since GPU and CPU prices still over inflated in my country (plus ryzen 5000 wasnt released yet when i purchased it), but now that it broke down, i dont have a pc at the moment to help test mobo/psu/cpu

the CPU was supposed to be a stopgap cpu since GPU and CPU prices still over inflated in my country (plus ryzen 5000 wasnt released yet when i purchased it), but now that it broke down, i dont have a pc at the moment to help test mobo/psu/cpu
it seems you would need a 3000g or 3000 series cpu + any gpu to flash the bios to the latest, since your board does not have a bios flashback feature.

May 23, 2022
it seems you would need a 3000g or 3000 series cpu + any gpu to flash the bios to the latest, since your board does not have a bios flashback feature.
weirdly enough i've cmos cleared it so many times and still worked even without a bios update, now it just wont do anything anymore

May 23, 2022
AMD's warranty is 3 years. But you'll need to contact them directly to get a replacement. That's assuming it's a CPU problem. It could be a motherboard problem for all you know. VRM could have died.
yeah my theories it could be the MB/CPU/or PSU
posted here if anyone has a better solution i could try, ruling everything out first

Cheap power supplies are extremely unreliable. I would start there.

ATX power supplies have been the same standard since as far back as I know, like the 1990's. I would ask someone if they have an old desktop computer laying around where you can try the power supply.

May 23, 2022
Cheap power supplies are extremely unreliable. I would start there.

ATX power supplies have been the same standard since as far back as I know, like the 1990's. I would ask someone if they have an old desktop computer laying around where you can try the power supply.
saw reviews on it and alot of people said it was good, so thats a mistake on my part i guess, i'll go look for a spare computer with a bunch of relatives, but the PSU was kind of my working theory, specifically the 8Pin CPU power connector because again, i did try to touch the CPU while it was trying to boot, doesn't heat up at all

Make it smaller.
Unplug storage and ram.
Any diff?

May 23, 2022
Make it smaller.
Unplug storage and ram.
Any diff?
for context i managed to get it to boot to bios ONCE after unplugging everything and replugging (after a full cmos clear, jumping the cmos pins and removing the battery) and never got it to open after that, and yes i've tried removing everything, even replacing the ram with a spare 8gb one