[SOLVED] Ryzen 3200G compatible motherboards?

georgesun238

Commendable
Jul 1, 2018
I'm pretty new to all this so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I'm trying to build a small Mini-ITX PC. Nothing special. I'm super confused about these compatible motherboards with the 3200G because I believe you need to update BIOS on some B450s and others don't require it. Will this motherboard work with the CPU? It is a B450, but in the description it says that it works with "the latest AMD Ryzen 2000 series processors".

Also, do you have any suggestions for Mini-ITX motherboards compatible with this CPU?

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_1832_1833&item_id=134284

Solution
The motherboard you linked would probably need a BIOS update in order to be compatible with your 3000 series AMD Ryzen Processor.

Some B450 motherboards will require a natively compatible processor installed in order to perform a required BIOS update for your 3000 series Ryzen CPU.
Some B450 motherboards have a BIOS Flashback button that allows you to update the BIOS without a natively compatible CPU. You need to check the specs of the motherboard/read through the manual in order to find out if this is an option on the motherboard.
The X570 series motherboards are compatible with the 3000 series AMD Ryzen processors out of the box and do not require a BIOS update.

Unfortunately, checking Canada PC Part Picker, there doesn't seem to be...

Wolfshadw

Titan
The motherboard you linked would probably need a BIOS update in order to be compatible with your 3000 series AMD Ryzen Processor.

Some B450 motherboards will require a natively compatible processor installed in order to perform a required BIOS update for your 3000 series Ryzen CPU.
Some B450 motherboards have a BIOS Flashback button that allows you to update the BIOS without a natively compatible CPU. You need to check the specs of the motherboard/read through the manual in order to find out if this is an option on the motherboard.
The X570 series motherboards are compatible with the 3000 series AMD Ryzen processors out of the box and do not require a BIOS update.

Unfortunately, checking Canada PC Part Picker, there doesn't seem to be any reasonably priced Mini-ITX motherboards (native or otherwise).

-Wolf sends

Reactions: georgesun238
Solution