Question Ryzen 3600 temps

veyvey

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hello ! I just bought my Ryzen 3600 and paired it with an MSI b450 Tomahawk MB and a Deep Cool Gammax GTE coler.
On idle CPU temp is around 34 - 38 celsius and while gaming goes up to 55 - 65; isn't it a bit too high ?
For case, i use a Phanateks P400, and planning to change the default coolers with 4 x 140 mm ones ( ~ 65 CFM each ) , with 2 push / 2 pull + 1 on the back config ( 120 mm ).
I am also considering to change the thermal paste with an Arctic Silver 5, maybe the one provided by Deep Cool on it's cooler was not great.
What do you think about it ?

Lutfij

Titan
What sort of temps were you getting with the stock cooler(or the cooler prior)? What are your ambient room air temps? You might also want to make sure that you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard. What are you using to monitor your temps for the CPU?

Hello ! I just bought my Ryzen 3600 and paired it with an MSI b450 Tomahawk MB and a Deep Cool Gammax GTE coler.
On idle CPU temp is around 34 - 38 celsius and while gaming goes up to 55 - 65; isn't it a bit too high ?
For case, i use a Phanateks P400, and planning to change the default coolers with 4 x 140 mm ones ( ~ 65 CFM each ) , with 2 push / 2 pull + 1 on the back config ( 120 mm ).
I am also considering to change the thermal paste with an Arctic Silver 5, maybe the one provided by Deep Cool on it's cooler was not great.
Not high at all, very decent temps.

veyvey

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
What sort of temps were you getting with the stock cooler(or the cooler prior)? What are your ambient room air temps? You might also want to make sure that you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard. What are you using to monitor your temps for the CPU?
I cannot tell, because I did not had a stock cooler, I bought the CPU without cooler so I went for an after market one . Regarding the bios, I flashed the latste one from MSI ( 7C02v1D ) and my ambient temp is around 23 - 24 degrees .
For monitoring, initially i used HW monitor, but there is something strange about it, is reading strange temps with dramatic variance ( variance of 10 - 15 degress in a matter of secounds ); I then installed the Ryzen master and this one seems to read the temps correctly - constant and lower sometimes by 10 degrees compared to HW monitor.