[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600x CPU Debug LED on when restart

Jul 8, 2019
I have built a new PC with the new Ryzen 3600x CPU. I updated the BIOS for the compatibility with the new CPU (from here https://www.msi.com/blog/the-latest-bios-for-amd-300-400-series-motherboard). After that very often i get the CPU Debug LED on and black screen when i turn on my PC.

The interesting thing is that every time i use the Flash BIOS Button to install the new bios again, i have no problem booting up and going into windows.

Motherboard: MSI B450 PRO CARBON AC
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 TI GAMING X 6G

Is the new BIOS unstable or is anyone having the same problem?

Jul 8, 2019
The BIOS listed in the link you provided are all Betas. You should get the BIOS file for your motherboard from here.

-Wolf sends

I've actually tried the 7B85v16 before which states "Support new upcoming AMD cpu." but it never once boot up. I just tried installing it again with the Flash BIOS Button, when it completes and reboots, the CPU Debug LED is on lit and black screen every time i reboot.

Im assuming there is nothing wrong with the CPU right? Since it boots into windows every time i flash the bios into the beta BIOS.

I've actually tried the 7B85v16 before which states but it never once boot up. I just tried installing it again with the Flash BIOS Button, when it completes and reboots, the CPU Debug LED is on lit and black screen every time i reboot.

Im assuming there is nothing wrong with the CPU right? Since it boots into windows every time i flash the bios into the beta BIOS.
"Support new upcoming AMD cpu."... posh. That's MSI, confusing the user again. They don't say WHICH upcoming CPU do they? Look at the date of release... March? Which CPU can you imagine was 'upcoming' 4 months ago?

I don't think MSI has a full-release BIOS for the Pro Carbon yet, so you're stuck with the Beta and it's problems for now.

I'd keep an eye on that page and grab the released one when it comes up.

if you are actually able to get it to boot sometimes then i would take it. MSI has been in the news alot lately about BIOS and their motherboards but thankfully for you that news was just about if ryzen 3 will work with B350 boards.

like was said above if all they can offer is a BETA version of the BIOS to get that CPU working then that's all you can do for now

TRENDING THREADS