[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600 AF clocked above 3600 MHz

jbnetosilva

Honorable
Jul 13, 2017
I have been monitoring my GPU and CPU performance while playing games. Today, while playing , I noticed that my Ryzen 5 1600 AF was working at a clock equivalent to 3700 MHz, with some oscillations of 3650 and 3675 MHz. even higher than 3700 MHz, I've never done any procedure that could justify using the processor at a clock higher than the stock value*, which is 3600 MHz (which, by the way, was the maximum frequency that my CPU was operating until recently , before noticing this unjustified increase). I ran the HWMonitor to check the processor voltages, and there I identified that the maximum voltage reached was 1,225 V. In terms of temperature, on the other hand, I didn't notice any abnormal increase; on the contrary: I recently installed two fans in the case, and the processor is cooler than ever, reaching 52-55 degrees maximum while running games.

Because of this, I kindly ask for clarification on the following:

1- Is it normal for the processor clock to reach 3700 MHz without any change being made in the mobo BIOS (Gigabyte B450m-DS3H-V 2)? If not, this might indicate what kind of problem?

2- Can the processor voltage values be considered normal? I don't really have reference to what would be considered standard voltage for the Ryzen 1600 AF.

I installed AMD Ryzen Master a while ago, however, I never changed anything, I just opened it, didn't really like what I saw and closed the program.

Grateful in advance for your attention and answers

Solution
I have been monitoring my GPU and CPU performance while playing games. Today, while playing , I noticed that my Ryzen 5 1600 AF was working at a clock equivalent to 3700 MHz, with some oscillations of 3650 and 3675 MHz. even higher than 3700 MHz, I've never done any procedure that could justify using the processor at a clock higher than the stock value*, which is 3600 MHz (which, by the way, was the maximum frequency that my CPU was operating until recently , before noticing this unjustified increase). I ran the HWMonitor to check the processor voltages, and there I identified that the maximum voltage reached was 1,225 V. In terms of temperature, on the other hand, I didn't notice any abnormal increase; on the contrary: I recently...
I have been monitoring my GPU and CPU performance while playing games. Today, while playing , I noticed that my Ryzen 5 1600 AF was working at a clock equivalent to 3700 MHz, with some oscillations of 3650 and 3675 MHz. even higher than 3700 MHz, I've never done any procedure that could justify using the processor at a clock higher than the stock value*, which is 3600 MHz (which, by the way, was the maximum frequency that my CPU was operating until recently , before noticing this unjustified increase). I ran the HWMonitor to check the processor voltages, and there I identified that the maximum voltage reached was 1,225 V. In terms of temperature, on the other hand, I didn't notice any abnormal increase; on the contrary: I recently installed two fans in the case, and the processor is cooler than ever, reaching 52-55 degrees maximum while running games.

Because of this, I kindly ask for clarification on the following:

1- Is it normal for the processor clock to reach 3700 MHz without any change being made in the mobo BIOS (Gigabyte B450m-DS3H-V 2)? If not, this might indicate what kind of problem?

2- Can the processor voltage values be considered normal? I don't really have reference to what would be considered standard voltage for the Ryzen 1600 AF.

I installed AMD Ryzen Master a while ago, however, I never changed anything, I just opened it, didn't really like what I saw and closed the program.

Grateful in advance for your attention and answers
1. Yes, it's called "Boost" all new-ish CPUs have it. It reacts to load and adjusts accordingly. Looks like you won "Silicone lottery" so be happy.
2 Anything bellow 1.3v can be considered great.
3. Unless you make any changes to Ryzen Master, it will not change anything by itself but is most accurate for voltage, temps etc, data monitoring.

Solution