ryzen 5 1600 stuck at 30 percent usage in games?

Guy Guyman

Honorable
Jun 3, 2015
I've noticed an odd trend on my ryzen cpu that it only ever goes up to 30 percent usage despite the temperature increase. I'm not sure if something is wrong with it or if there is a setting I should be hitting. It's doing this in cpu intensive games like FFXIV so I'm a little concerned if it will impact my frame rate in other games or in more intensive things like raids.
System specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
RX 580 8GB
Asus B350 gaming f
2133hz 16 gig ram
850w gold psu
windows 10

Solution
If you can run it stable at 2666 I would leave it there. If you read a lot of reviews you will see that ryzen chips perform much better when they running faster memory.
The first quesiton to ask is, is low CPU usage impacting game-play? If not then who care, low usage is good.

Assuming it is then was this a new build or did you upgrade a previous computer withe a new Mobo and CPU? If so you need to reinstall Windows, moving a HDD/SSD to a new system can cause issues.

If this is a new build be sure that you have all the AMD chip set drivers installed, the mobos downloads support page will have them all.

Guy Guyman

Honorable
Jun 3, 2015

As far as I can tell no it isn't. It was a brand new build a few months ago not upgraded.Everything is also up to date.

Guy Guyman

Honorable
Jun 3, 2015

Is it? I left it at stock setting but can get it as high as 2666hz. It won't boot on anything past that.