Question Ryzen 5 2400G + RTX 3060 12GB Paired Together

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 10, 2022
Hey, for Christmas I am going to get this,
https://www.ebuyer.com/1541224-pny-...-verto-dual-fan-graphics-card-vcg306012dfbpb1

As of now, I currently own a Ryzen 5 2400G, and getting this GPU will be my main xmas present and is quite expensive, so I won't also be able to upgrade my CPU too.

Would this pair be good enough to run games like Modern Warfare 2, Vanguard, Rust, GTA. Warzone 2 e.t.c?
I know this sounds like a really stupid pair its just all I can get, and I need to make sure the bottleneck isn't too bad.

One VERY frustrated and cussing father later, and what looks to be a broken motherboard cable, and some pins are missing in the actual slot later, I have an 80 plus bronze aerocool integrator 700w power supply.
HORRIFICALLY bad power supply. Get that out of your system IMMEDIATELY and do not use it AT ALL with your new graphics card. In fact, don't use it with ANYTHING, ever. It's really THAT bad. No joke. This is literally a dumpster fire type unit.

I know this for a fact, not just from past experiences with it, but it was listed as one of the worst units of all time on no less than four different relatively accurate PSU tier lists including the old Newegg tier list, the Dottorent tier list, a review (Ok, not a tier list but better actually) at JonnyGuru and is currently also sitting on the "replace immediately" tier at the PSU Cultists tier list, which is at least above average when it comes to reliability. In this case, it's spot on.

Nov 10, 2022
HORRIFICALLY bad power supply. Get that out of your system IMMEDIATELY and do not use it AT ALL with your new graphics card. In fact, don't use it with ANYTHING, ever. It's really THAT bad. No joke. This is literally a dumpster fire type unit.

I know this for a fact, not just from past experiences with it, but it was listed as one of the worst units of all time on no less than four different relatively accurate PSU tier lists including the old Newegg tier list, the Dottorent tier list, a review (Ok, not a tier list but better actually) at JonnyGuru and is currently also sitting on the "replace immediately" tier at the PSU Cultists tier list, which is at least above average when it comes to reliability. In this case, it's spot on.

Damn.... that bad????? My dad REALLY hates me messing around with my PC, let alone adding parts to it. My dad's friend who works at an IT company and builds computers said that the PSU should be fine for it though..

Unfortunately power supplies aren’t as simple as looking at the wattage. There are so many companies out there making different units of varying quality and many times they overrate their power ratings. I’ve fried ports on a motherboard due to using a low quality power supply in the past. Too bad your dad won’t allow you to change it. But I definitely understand. Just a lot of pc issues can be traced back to power supply issues.