Question Ryzen 5 2600x weird fps in CSGO

Mar 29, 2020
Hi
So about 10 months ago I bought a Ryzen 5 2600x and I was happy with it for the first 2-3 months but ever since then, I've not been satisfied with my fps. I play CSGO at a fairly high level and need the constant fps of atleast 144, to fit my monitor. My fps does fluctuate anywhere from 100 to 400 depending on how much is going on in the moment. I feel that having this fps is not just about the number, cuz sometimes my game also feels very unsmooth even with having 250 fps, so If anyone has a suggestion to either help getting my processor to work normally or find me a better cpu cause I can't play like this anymore.
I am also experiencing occasional stutters, could be in a fast peek or a moment where it has to process a lot of elements quickly
Extra info

All drivers are ALWAYS up to date (Using drivereasy PRO)

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte b450m Arous
RTX 2060
16gb 3200mhz ram
650watt power supply
Lots of cooling and good temperatures
CPU 60C
GPU 50C

Mar 29, 2020
Malware, those programs usually download more then just the drivers...

Drivers should be manually updated from the manufacturer (Gigabyte for the motherboard, Nvidia for the 2060, etc).

Fair point, but still doesn't change anything entirely since the problem started before I started to use drivereasy, I just felt it would be easier to update all drivers using a single program

WildCard999

Titan
I treat it the same as when someone buys a new HP system and doesn't dump the bloatware that it comes with. Sure the system will run fine for a few months but then eventually gets bogged down due to the software.

Anyways monitor your CPU/GPU usage while playing and note when the dips occur. Hardware wise I don't see any issues but what make/model is the PSU?

Also does the monitor support Freesync, Gsync or none?

Mar 29, 2020
I treat it the same as when someone buys a new HP system and doesn't dump the bloatware that it comes with. Sure the system will run fine for a few months but then eventually gets bogged down due to the software.

Anyways monitor your CPU/GPU usage while playing and note when the dips occur. Hardware wise I don't see any issues but what make/model is the PSU?

Also does the monitor support Freesync, Gsync or none?

Coolermaster Masterwatt 650
And no, my monitor does not support any kind of gsync or freesync

Mar 29, 2020
Use HWINFO to monitor usage and note what the CPU/GPU usage is when the FPS dips.

Post the results.

Hi, so I've just now done it, lagging and stuttering like crazy going from 300 fps down to 3 fps and my result are

CPU:
Min: 10,8%
Max: 37,1%
Average: 16,2%

GPU:
Min: 19%
Max: 41%
Average: 36,1%

Mar 29, 2020
are you on balanced mode or high settings in Power plan? you could try high settings and see if it make a difference. does other games stutter too or just cs go?

Hi, my power plan is Ultimate because that's always given me the best results and it's been stuttering a little less ever since I tried locking my CPU to 3,6 GHz, but I've experienced it with basically every game.
I even tried Minecraft for the heck of it yesterday and it was stuttering and dropping frames down to 2-4 fps, once every 10 seconds

WildCard999

Titan
Go into the BIOS and make sure your memory is actually running at 3200. By default it will usually run at 2133 which is far too slow for AMD Ryzen and could be at least part of the reason for the dips. Enable XMP in the BIOS, if it fails to boot then the memory is in the wrong slots so you may need to move them to the A2/B2 slots and try again. Once XMP is enabled try the game again and let us know the results.

Mar 29, 2020
Go into the BIOS and make sure your memory is actually running at 3200. By default it will usually run at 2133 which is far too slow for AMD Ryzen and could be at least part of the reason for the dips. Enable XMP in the BIOS, if it fails to boot then the memory is in the wrong slots so you may need to move them to the A2/B2 slots and try again. Once XMP is enabled try the game again and let us know the results.

Everything is up to date, XMP is on and the memory frequency is set to 3200mhz, nothing new there....

Apr 4, 2020
Hi mate I got the same issue, just upgraded my 1060 to 2070 Super, because I thought my graphics was the problem, but I got even lower fps and seems like Ryzen is the problem. I used drivereasy too, so it might be an issue. Will do clear windows installation over the night and will let you know if its better.