[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 failed to run 1.32v for 4.2ghz

May 11, 2020
My pc wont run on 4.2ghz for 1.32v.
I changed vcore voltage to 1.32v and core multiplier to 42.00 in my gigabyte b550m aorus elite. It ended up, pc won't boot.

Pc specs
  1. Gigabyte b550m aorus elite
  2. Ryzen 5 3600
  3. M9a cooler
  4. Klevv bolt 3600mhz 16gb ram
  5. Zotac 1660 Super Amp
  6. Fsp Hydro Pro 650w 80+ white

Solution
But more voltage is bad for cpu right? ...

That's exactly right. Overclocking to 4.3Ghz may be possible, but the life of your CPU might also be seriously shortened at the same time. That's the trade you have to decide whether is important enough.

What will probably give you better, or safer at least, result is to just use PBO. It won't make the CPU run at 4.2Ghz or higher all the time, but it will run at higher mid-speeds (like, say, 3.9-4.1Ghz) under heavy processing loads. And hold the higher boost speed (like 4.1-4.2Ghz) longer before throttling back. And it does it all while keeping voltage and frequency in AUTO so the algorithm is keeping the processor safe. But you also really need better cooling to get the most...
Ummm... more volts! Give it what it needs to be stable then consider whether it's worth it to you.

Also, just because you set voltage to 1.32 doesn't mean that's what the processor cores are actually getting. Get HWInfo64 and look at SVI2/TFN core voltage as that's what the processor cores are actually getting.

May 11, 2020
Ummm... more volts! Give it what it needs to be stable then consider whether it's worth it to you.

Also, just because you set voltage to 1.32 doesn't mean that's what the processor cores are actually getting. Get HWInfo64 and look at SVI2/TFN core voltage as that's what the processor cores are actually getting.

But more voltage is bad for cpu right? Currently I was able to run my pc at 4.2ghz at 1.325v.

Overclocking to 4.3ghz is not possible😅

But more voltage is bad for cpu right? ...

That's exactly right. Overclocking to 4.3Ghz may be possible, but the life of your CPU might also be seriously shortened at the same time. That's the trade you have to decide whether is important enough.

What will probably give you better, or safer at least, result is to just use PBO. It won't make the CPU run at 4.2Ghz or higher all the time, but it will run at higher mid-speeds (like, say, 3.9-4.1Ghz) under heavy processing loads. And hold the higher boost speed (like 4.1-4.2Ghz) longer before throttling back. And it does it all while keeping voltage and frequency in AUTO so the algorithm is keeping the processor safe. But you also really need better cooling to get the most out of it as it all depends on the algorithm seeing thermal headroom.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Solution