[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 Idle temperatures

nvyrectangle

Reputable
Aug 19, 2017
Hi everyone, I have noticed that my idle temps are jumping from 34 to 50 along with my frequency that goes from 3523 to 4198 Mhz. While gaming the highest temperature i've recorded was 70c. So i was wonder is this a normal behaviour for Ryzen processors?

Solution
Hi everyone, I have noticed that my idle temps are jumping from 34 to 50 along with my frequency that goes from 3523 to 4198 Mhz. While gaming the highest temperature i've recorded was 70c. So i was wonder is this a normal behaviour for Ryzen processors?

Perfectly normal for Ryzen chips to fluctuate temps with a bigger range. This is just the nature of Ryzen from how its built.

70c while gaming with that cooler is maybe 5c higher than Id like to see, however the cooler is only 35$, and 70c is perfectly safe. However, although safe, higher temps will slightly lower the performance of PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive). PBO automatically clocks the cpu cores up and down. It runs best at 65c or below. So you may lose out on like...

Perfectly normal for Ryzen chips to fluctuate temps with a bigger range. This is just the nature of Ryzen from how its built.

70c while gaming with that cooler is maybe 5c higher than Id like to see, however the cooler is only 35$, and 70c is perfectly safe. However, although safe, higher temps will slightly lower the performance of PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive). PBO automatically clocks the cpu cores up and down. It runs best at 65c or below. So you may lose out on like 2-5 fps of performance, but 5 fps is negligable if your playing on anything 144fps or higher.

If your looking to sit more around 60-65c max while gaming, I would suggest the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B.

Its a great cooler for about 60$ which competes with MANY 100$+ AIO coolers. It comes within about 3-5c of most 100$ AIOs. Its an air cooler though so your sacrificing noise for the lower price point than a 100$ water cooler.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS