[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 not using all cores

Aug 20, 2021
Cpu:Ryzen 5 3600
So in task manager it only says my CPU has 2 cores even though there's 6 and when i try to use msconfig i can only set to 4 cores but it doesn't even work if i press apply.
My old cpu had 4 cores maybe thats why but im wondering how i can use all 6 cores?

Solution
So in task manager it only says my CPU has 2 cores even though there's 6 and when i try to use msconfig i can only set to 4 cores but it doesn't even work if i press apply.
My old cpu had 4 cores maybe thats why but im wondering how i can use all 6 cores?
In MSConfig...clear the checkbox next to Number of Processors.

Check your BIOS that it's not disabling any cores nor disabling symmetric multithreading. If in doubt, just do a clear CMOS. In fact, if you didn't do that when you changed CPU's you should do that now.
In MSConfig...clear the checkbox next to Number of Processors.

Check your BIOS that it's not disabling any cores nor disabling symmetric multithreading. If in doubt, just do a clear CMOS. In fact, if you didn't do that when you changed CPU's you should do that now.

Reactions: kurdtnz and Hoff
Solution