Question Ryzen 5 5600g no signal detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

scyleri

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
Hello, i've been using ryzen 5 3600 on a Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO mobo (bios version updated to f63b some time ago, 5600g only needs 61 i think) with a 1650 gtx; today i got a ryzen 5 5600g and i wanted to replace and sell the old cpu and gpu, i removed both, installed the new cpu, moved the hdmi cable to the mobo, windows booted no problem, i got to desktop (the resolution was 1024x600 i think) before the screen went black, i tried restarting it and from then on ive only gotten black screens after bios with no signal detected on the monitor. I reinstalled the old gpu, moved the hdmi cable again from the mobo to the gpu and it all works fine, my pc recognizes the cpu, i installed all of its drivers and everything works perfectly, however if i remove the gpu and try to boot again from the apu all im getting is no signal detected on my monitor. There are no red lights on the mobo indicating that there might be a problem and everything else worked/works perfectly fine as long as im using the gpu, whats wrong with the apu and how do i make it work without the gpu? I'd also like to mention that im using an oldish monitor that uses a dvi to hdmi cable (since it only has a dvi port) but that shouldnt be a problem since it worked fine the first time. Also i dont know if this is related or not but im getting a windows 11 error, core isolation memory integrity combined with incompatible drivers e1g6032e.sys intel??? ive never used anything but amd

4745454b

Titan
While I disagree with the above about the quality of and output, I do agree that you should keep using the card. The apu output is still weaker than your 1650.

It would be nice to have for a backup however. I'm not sure where the issue is. The board has several video outs? Is there a way to tell the bios to use hdmi? It could also be a driver issue as your amd apu uses a very different driver from your Nvidia 1650. Maybe you just need to run ddu and clean out all the Nvidia stuff.

Sep 28, 2022
My friend bought the same cpu the other day cause of its integrated graphics and the same board the only thing that worked was hdmi to dvi adapter dunno why but we tried everything he had a dvi adapter for the hdmi cable so he just tried it since he didn't have a dvi cable and it worked

Sep 28, 2022
My friend bought the same cpu the other day cause of its integrated graphics and the same board the only thing that worked was hdmi to dvi adapter dunno why but we tried everything he had a dvi adapter for the hdmi cable so he just tried it since he didn't have a dvi cable and it worked
You can try to fix it everything works in safe mode but the only thing that worked in normal mode was a dvi cable and when we disabled the amd graphics adapter I think it has something to do with the amd graphic adapter drivers but if you disable it then your screen will work in normal but no gaming as the graphics are disabled

scyleri

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
You can try to fix it everything works in safe mode but the only thing that worked in normal mode was a dvi cable and when we disabled the amd graphics adapter I think it has something to do with the amd graphic adapter drivers but if you disable it then your screen will work in normal but no gaming as the graphics are disabled
With the adapter everything was working fine from that point on? Did you guys try with a different PSU, someone else had this issue and they fixed it by using a different more powerful psu; i am using a dvi to hdmi cable since my monitor only has a dvi port

Status
Not open for further replies.