[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x bsod - whea uncorrectable error - kernel power 41

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2021
So recently i bought myself the new ryzen 5 5600x cpu and at first it seemed to have worked in my b450motherboard, but every time i started gaming i get a blue screen with the whea uncorectable error msg. The bsod happends every time after a stress test or a heavy load/gaming. It happends even while gaming. I am not overclocked or have done anything in the bios.

Setup:
Mb: Gigabyte gaming x (b450)
Gpu: gigabyte gaming oc 3060 ti
Cpu: ryzen 5 5600x
Ram: 16gb kit Ripjaws V 3600mhz
Psu: Corsair 750m
Boot drive: kingston 240gig kc600

I have already tried updating my drivers and setting the power options like most threads recommend...but it still blue screens.

Jan 5, 2021
Idle is around 50-55C. It depends when i get the bsod. Like i can play Gta just fine, but when i close the game down it crashes every time. While with other games like Apex for example it crashes within 5-10min of gameplay. If i just surf the web or leave it idle it doesen't crash.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your idle isn't that bad, mines always in the 44-55 range. I can make it lower but then fan noise is louder.

I can't tell if the problem is just heat or something else. Fact it gets to 85 or 90 isn't really a problem if the heat is taken away pretty fast. The CPU can run at that temp so it shouldn't cause errors. Just a hot room.

Jan 5, 2021
Yea, the thing that bothers me is the fact that the pc bsod just after gaming/just after the stress test. It feels like it crashes when it starts to cool off?

Colif

Win 11 Master
what power plan are you running?
go to settings/system/Power & sleep[
under Related settings, click Additional power settings
are you on AMD Ryzen balanced or AMD Ryzen High Perf? Most people can suffice with Balanced.

Colif

Win 11 Master
One of the people who helps with BSOD posts here thinks that certain chipset/BIOS combos have a bug at the moment and I wonder if this will help you. Its B450 that has the problem and it seems to be MSI boards mainly. Most cases are 3600 but 5600x isn't that much different.

you might get this with a overheating problem but it seems that there is just some problem with the cpu and bios version on this chipset right now.
you might just lock down your cpu and wait for bios updates and chipset updates that AMD should release sometime this month.

you might lock down the cpu via
going into registry edit and changing this setting:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdppm
Start to have a value of 4

Before you edit registry, create a backup - https://neosmart.net/wiki/backup-restore-registry/

the value before you change it should be 3, just record its value somewhere so you can change it at a later time.
So i went to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AmdPPM
Clicked on the "Start - REG_DWORD" and set the value from 3 to 4.

source

the file that stops is what Microsoft uses to talk to the processor and handles power management. It could be reason you crash after games.

Jan 5, 2021
Yea, it could be heat also, but why would it not crash mid stress test than? I find it hard to wrap my head around it. It's all a bit too confusing for meo_O

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS