[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x bsod - whea uncorrectable error - kernel power 41

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2021
So recently i bought myself the new ryzen 5 5600x cpu and at first it seemed to have worked in my b450motherboard, but every time i started gaming i get a blue screen with the whea uncorectable error msg. The bsod happends every time after a stress test or a heavy load/gaming. It happends even while gaming. I am not overclocked or have done anything in the bios.

Setup:
Mb: Gigabyte gaming x (b450)
Gpu: gigabyte gaming oc 3060 ti
Cpu: ryzen 5 5600x
Ram: 16gb kit Ripjaws V 3600mhz
Psu: Corsair 750m
Boot drive: kingston 240gig kc600

I have already tried updating my drivers and setting the power options like most threads recommend...but it still blue screens.

Jan 5, 2021
Okay. Either way, today i ordered a new motherboard (msi mag thomahawk) so im going to the b550 chipset next week, which will (i hope) fix the problem. The thing is, that on my current motherboard the only bios that supports ryzen 5000 is the beta bios from the start of december, so im guessing that it's even worse than the 500 series mbs.

Okay. Either way, today i ordered a new motherboard (msi mag thomahawk) so im going to the b550 chipset next week, which will (i hope) fix the problem. The thing is, that on my current motherboard the only bios that supports ryzen 5000 is the beta bios from the start of december, so im guessing that it's even worse than the 500 series mbs.

I have an X570 motherboard and still get the WHEA error with my 5800x on full default settings with the latest beta and release bios's. Like you, 10-15 minutes of Apex would cause a BSOD. Personally I think it's a stability issue and my chip isn't binned properly to be a 5800x. It should be a 5800 with lower clock speeds if such a chip existed in the product lineup.

Jan 5, 2021
I have an X570 motherboard and still get the WHEA error with my 5800x on full default settings with the latest beta and release bios's. Like you, 10-15 minutes of Apex would cause a BSOD. Personally I think it's a stability issue and my chip isn't binned properly to be a 5800x. It should be a 5800 with lower clock speeds if such a chip existed in the product lineup.
Do you think this will be fixed in the future? Or will we be just stuck like this?

Edit: I just called the shop and told them about the problem and they said that they will try to get me a new one. The only problem is that they dont have them in stock anymore :( So i guess either they get them from their supplier or im on the waiting list again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.