[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x or Intel i7 10700k

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Hi! Im sorry i have to open a new thread but new stuff has happened regarding my 2021 build...

I was heasitating between the 5600x and the 10600k but looking a local stores i see theres no much of a difference between 5600x and 10700k
I will be running both of them with hyper 212 evo

So i asked you guys once again , what should i buy...

The main use for this PC will be work. It has to be good with Ubuntu and linux based softwares. I dont want to be troubleshoting an AMD system and i know Intel is best in compatibility
Also i think an 8/16 would be more future proof than the 6/12 5600x but then you see those benchs and its all doubt.

thanks in advance!

Mar 24, 2021
If you can get one, yes definitely. It is the holy grail of gaming CPUs. It's pricey and out of stock everywhere, but the 5900X puts an end to the Intel vs AMD conversation.

If you build it please share with everyone so we can praise it in all it's glory. Make sure to give it a nice home in a high end X570.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021
I don't see why not. Asus makes great boards, but their customer service isn't winning any fans. If you don't have any problems you'll be fine (or if you get it pre built from a vendor since they'll take care of any problems). I have this board and I had some minor issues, but that can happen with any board. It has some pretty RGB going on.

Just make sure it has the features you want and make sure the BIOS is updated to be compatible with the 5900X

Status
Not open for further replies.