Question Ryzen 5 5600x reaches 95°C while gaming

Jul 14, 2024
I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 5600x and when I play some heavy games (cyberpunk 2077, elden ring etc.) it reaches 95°C and stays there (it doesn't go any higher or any lower). I am using the stock cooler What could the issue be?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Rx 7700 XT
MOBO: Aorus B550M Elite
PC Case: Thermaltake Commander GS-III
Fan Setup:1 intake fan in the font and 1 exhaust in the back

That might not be enough airflow for a downdraft cooler in that case, especially if the room is warm already. The stock cooler is typically sufficient for the 5600X, but it's not very good in the first place. It would be worth making sure the cooler is installed correctly, but I doubt you'd be able to do any gaming if it wasn't. A better case would be a good idea, but a decent tower air cooler would probably work as well.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That case is bad airflow wise and isn't exactly something I'd have in 2024. Take the side panel off and aim a fan into your case, if the temps drop, then your case is the primary problem.

What sort of ambient room air temps are you seeing?

Jul 14, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That case is bad airflow wise and isn't exactly something I'd have in 2024. Take the side panel off and aim a fan into your case, if the temps drop, then your case is the primary problem.

What sort of ambient room air temps are you seeing?
If by ambient room air temps you mean the temperature in my room while the computer is off I'd say about 30-35 degrees celsius (perhaps a bit hotter sometimes), having my pc on still doesn't make a huge difference in the temps of my room but when I turn on the AC the room temperature isn't that hot but the pc definitely is. Also I don't own a fan to test if my pc case is the problem

johnnypcfrog

Reputable
Jun 23, 2020
just my opinion, I have ryzen 5 2600 and came with the stock cooler the temperature of the cpu would run hot and i replaced the stock cooler with Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R2), 120mm PWM Fan, Aluminum Fins, 4 Copper Direct Contact Heat Pipes for AMD Ryzen/Intel. and the CPU temp went down from 70 degrees celsius to 37 degrees celsius.
possible that stock fan is doing this.

Jul 14, 2024
just my opinion, I have ryzen 5 2600 and came with the stock cooler the temperature of the cpu would run hot and i replaced the stock cooler with Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R2), 120mm PWM Fan, Aluminum Fins, 4 Copper Direct Contact Heat Pipes for AMD Ryzen/Intel. and the CPU temp went down from 70 degrees celsius to 37 degrees celsius.
possible that stock fan is doing this.
This CPU Cooler you use is for AM3 CPUs the 5600x is an AM4 CPU, do you know any good coolers that aren't too expensive for my CPU?

The one you recommended in 10euro more expensive in my country than the coolermaster one? Is it worth it to spend the extra 10 euro or should I go for the coolermaster one?
There's no Hyper 212 model which will come anywhere near the Peerless Assassin in cooling capability. It's easily worth that price difference, but without knowing what other options you have available it's impossible to say whether the pricing on either is reasonable.

Reactions: Unolocogringo
The one you recommended in 10euro more expensive in my country than the coolermaster one? Is it worth it to spend the extra 10 euro or should I go for the coolermaster one?
Definitely worth it if only 10 euro more than a 212.
They are not even comparable in terms of performance.
It can cool any AM4 CPU and be quiet at the same time.
The 212 does not do as good on the newer AMD/Intel cpus with the offset cpu tile/tiles.
It places them on 2 1/2 of heat-pipes on one side instead of being centered between all 4 like old CPUs.

johnnypcfrog

Reputable
Jun 23, 2020
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: RTX 3060 8GB GDDR6
MOBO: AORUS B450(SOCKET AM4)
PC Case: ROSEWILL PC CASE
Fan Setup:1 intake fan in the font and 1 exhaust in the back
Specs of my pc if this will be helpful.